Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Understanding Anytime on PC

This is a discussion on Understanding Anytime on PC within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; After days of frustration and a phonecall to Sky Anytime, I have finally managed to install the application and run ...

mackem28 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Understanding Anytime on PC

After days of frustration and a phonecall to Sky Anytime, I have finally managed to install the application and run it (after a fashion) on my PC. My current Sky viewing package consists of the Family package plus the Sports channels. I appreciate that movies do not feature in my subscriptions.

However, when I run Anytime and look at the areas that I think should be accessible to me, Sport, Leisure, Entertainment; all of the options that present are accompanied by an instruction to upgrade my account to access.

I was under the impression that Anytime on PC was a free service to existing subscribers - could it be that I am wrong in assuming this. If so I have wasted a load of time after being somewhat misled - hopefully this may also be yet another indication of the depth of my ignorance.

I would be grateful for some kind of guidance.

2. Advertisement
      mackem28 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Understanding Anytime on PC

This is a farce. After hours of chasing after and obtaining media player and security upgrades, and a phone call to Sky, I finally get Anytime on PC. Great except I don't seem able to use it. Therefore I come here and ask for some guidance. Before that is forthcoming, I return and try Anytime once more but now I find that sign-in screen doesn't complete and I am unable to insert my entry details.

I've been with Sky Broadband for about six weeks so far and this just typifies my experience of the service. If the services they are offering don't work or are rubbish, why don't they just withdraw them instead of causing subscribers much frustration by dangling inedible carrots.

I've contacted Customer Services with my queries but they all seem to be experts at verbally shrugging their shoulders.