Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime via Mobile (and o2 PAYG)

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime via Mobile (and o2 PAYG) within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I read in the Sky User Latest News section concerning SkyAnytime that it has problems with the o2 network - ...

bbb_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Anytime via Mobile (and o2 PAYG)

I read in the Sky User Latest News section concerning SkyAnytime that it has problems with the o2 network - specifically o2 PAYG. I quote:

I am on the O2 network and have been unable to use the remote record by mobile function, why is this?

The remote record function is available across all mobile networks including O2. However due to current technical limitations unfortunately the service is unavailable to those of you on the 02 pay as you go network. We are currently working with O2 to add this functionality to their pay as you go customers and we will keep you updated on developments.
      I wonder if anyone could shed any light on what the technical limitations are so that I can complain to o2. If I complain now then the likelyhood is that general c/s will say it's a problem with Sky's Anytime java package and not o2.

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Anytime via Mobile (and o2 PAYG)

I would have thought it would be with the billing side. Thats the only thing I can see being the difference between Contract and Pay&Go.

I think the limitation is with the access to the GPRS flakey, Sometimes you can connect without any balance and sometimes you cant connect with balance and I would have thought O2 dont want anyone, Connecting for Free and not disconnecting.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I doubt its the billing side of things, nor the balance thing.

I suspect it is a feature or something of GPRS that is enabled for contract customers but not PAYG. As for what this is, if anything, I have no idea..

Like I said, I dont believe me asking o2 will result in anything because normal c/s are not likely to be aware of any issues with this.

I could email Sky over this but we all know their c/s are just the same really - sometimes you get your email(s) answered as you expected but most of the time it's a quick response and they probably haven't read your email - just quickly scanned it.

This is true of most companies IMHO.

DMREID is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am on O2 (contract) but when I try to connect to the server (through O2 WAP) it hangs for a while then gives the error message "Login failed. Unable to find server. Please confirm you have selected the correct access point." I can connect perfectly to other sites using this connection.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thats interesting because does that mean all o2 customers can't access Sky Anytime via mobile!?

Can anyone confirm whether Sky Anytime via mobile works via other networks?

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbb_uk View Post
      Can anyone confirm whether Sky Anytime via mobile works via other networks?
      Works fine with T-Mobile on my N95.

milgo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Windsor - Cabinet 6
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: Unlocked HG612 and BT Smart Hub 6
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all, I have just installed Sky Anytime on my Nokia N73 o2 contract phone. A strange thing that I have found is that I get login failed cannot connect to server when trying to use access point 02 WAP GPRS. This is the connection that I have always used succesfully for all web access in the past. It all works fine though when I use access point 02 Mobile Web. The differences in the 2 settings can be found at the following link. I hope that my experiences will help some of you.

GPRS information and UK settings
      Downstream 72311/ Upstream 19999