Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New version of Sky Anytime on Mobile launches 18/10

This is a discussion on New version of Sky Anytime on Mobile launches 18/10 within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I got a text message today from 86677: "Free msg from Sky. New version of Sky Anytime on Mobile launches ...

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

New version of Sky Anytime on Mobile launches 18/10

I got a text message today from 86677:

"Free msg from Sky. New version of Sky Anytime on Mobile launches 18/10 & updates automatically next time you access the service & may take a few mins to install"

That's all...

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: New version of Sky Anytime on Mobile launches 18/10

Hope it supports the N95 fully, Even though its listed as supported, I couldnt get it to work.

dazzler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYWAY
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      Hope it supports the N95 fully, Even though its listed as supported, I couldnt get it to work.
      Works fine on my N95 already mate

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Dazzler, May I asked how you managed to do that? What version of N95 do you have?

I couldnt get it to work on a generic O2 handset (maybe because it was one of the first batch and the new ones have had updates so software like this works)

Martin4Jay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I use Skybymobile new version but the problem is when I logon I'm getting a messege
      'your credentials are correct but you don't seem to have permission to use the mobile application' phone sky I'm using the Nokia N95 which we got yesterday it was working ok two weeks ago but has since stopped working.
      Cheers

Martin

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Snipped from the Sky Anytime on Mobile FAQs:

"If you have a new mobile phone, you will need to reinstall the Sky Anytime on Mobile application on your phone. To do this log in to your Sky.com My Sky account and select 'My Sky Profile'. Then click on 'Edit My Sky Profile', go to 'Current Sky Services' and click the link to reinstall the mobile application. This will re-send the service message containing the link to install the application. You will then need to install the application on your new phone.

If you have a new mobile number, you will need to update your Sky.com My Sky account. To do this log in to your Sky.com My Sky account and select 'My Sky Profile'. Next, select 'Edit My Sky Profile', then go to 'View My Personal Details' and change your mobile number. This will re-send the service message containing the link to install the application. If you already have the application on your mobile phone, you do not need to install it again."

Is the above of any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin4Jay View Post
      I use Skybymobile new version but the problem is when I logon I'm getting a messege
      'your credentials are correct but you don't seem to have permission to use the mobile application' phone sky I'm using the Nokia N95 which we got yesterday it was working ok two weeks ago but has since stopped working.
      Cheers

Martin

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi speedyrite
      My number will be transferred on Friday on my new N95 with Tmobile I have the skybymobile in stalled already so I will come back if there there is problem.
      Many thanks

P.S. I been using the Nokia 6230i with my number with skybymobile it worked a couple of weeks ago but suddenly stopped my partner has a Nokia 6680 did the same but I wonder if it's to do with changing contracts with a different company I was with Vodafone.
      Cheers
      Last edited by Martin4Jay; 29-10-07 at 05:14 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Snipped from the Sky Anytime on Mobile FAQs:

"If you have a new mobile phone, you will need to reinstall the Sky Anytime on Mobile application on your phone. To do this log in to your Sky.com My Sky account and select 'My Sky Profile'. Then click on 'Edit My Sky Profile', go to 'Current Sky Services' and click the link to reinstall the mobile application. This will re-send the service message containing the link to install the application. You will then need to install the application on your new phone.

If you have a new mobile number, you will need to update your Sky.com My Sky account. To do this log in to your Sky.com My Sky account and select 'My Sky Profile'. Next, select 'Edit My Sky Profile', then go to 'View My Personal Details' and change your mobile number. This will re-send the service message containing the link to install the application. If you already have the application on your mobile phone, you do not need to install it again.
      Is the above of any help?
      speedyrite I did what you said for the N95 still have the problem
      looks like a phone call to Sky tomorrow.
      Cheers

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sorry to hear it still doesn't work. I'm not an expert on this, but here's a few suggestions (other than call Sky!):

Check that the login name and password you are using on your phone matches your registered login name and password for your sky.com account (watch out for using upper case letters where it should be lower case & vice versa).

Check your sky.com account to make sure you are still enabled to use the service (in the My Sky area)?
      If so, maybe try the Re-install option from sky.com (I think they send a txt with a link to the download url)?

If that doesn't work, try Remove Service, reboot phone, Add Service and then install again (all from sky.com)?

Good luck!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Sorry to hear it still doesn't work. I'm not an expert on this, but here's a few suggestions (other than call Sky!):

Check that the login name and password you are using on your phone matches your registered login name and password for your sky.com account (watch out for using upper case letters where it should be lower case & vice versa).

Check your sky.com account to make sure you are still enabled to use the service (in the My Sky area)?
      If so, maybe try the Re-install option from sky.com (I think they send a txt with a link to the download url)?

If that doesn't work, try Remove Service, reboot phone, Add Service and then install again (all from sky.com)?

Good luck!

Many thanks for your help speedyrite went to the sky.com login to my account but there is not anything there to remove & to download the skybymoble back to my phone so we have reported our problem to sky apparently there is a problem with sky anytime which they are looking into not shore this could be linked though.
      Many thanks again mate.
      Cheers
      Martin
      Last edited by Martin4Jay; 03-11-07 at 09:35 PM.