Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime For Pc- Help Needed Plzzzzzzzzzzz!

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime For Pc- Help Needed Plzzzzzzzzzzz! within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I'm new to this forum. Ok here's where i need help, i tried to download sky anytime for pc, ...

JASANKA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Anytime For Pc- Help Needed Plzzzzzzzzzzz!

Hi,
      I'm new to this forum. Ok here's where i need help, i tried to download sky anytime for pc, one time it installed, but then it wouldn't open, so i did a system restore a few times, and maybe deleted the files connected to it sky anytime, kontiki, k service etc and then tried reinstalling it again, . When it did the system restore it told me it had to rename a file sky(2) for eg. I did all these things a lot of times. So now when i go to uninstall it through add/remove programs, it tells me that it can't find the installation package, sky.msi, i think it may have been deleted , so now i have nothing to be found that will let it unistall sky anytime. So what do i do? Help plzzz? Sky anytime for pc is driving me nuts,lol. I'm not very computer technically minded, so i have absolutely no idea how to fix this. and then if i get it to work eventually with someones help, i probably wont be able to open it,lol.
      plz plz plz help, thanks!
      Jasanka

2. Advertisement
      D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime For Pc- Help Needed Plzzzzzzzzzzz!

Have you tried this method,go to my pc,highlight the C drive,go to file at top of page,chose explore,then under the folders find sky anytime<could be under program files & comon> not sure as i've not insatalled anytime since reformatting laptop, when you find sky anytime folder highlight it,go up to file & choose Delete,if it says cant delete it, open the folder & delete whats inside it a bit at a time,till your left with a few that will not let you delete then,restart pc,then do same again & it should now let you delete the folder.Ohhh & if ones called sky anytime2 delete that also. I would also download "crap cleaner" & run it to get rid of all junk files,its free just type it in google
      Now you can try installing it all over again<LOL>
      have fun
      D

dflour69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hastings
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: TP-Link Archer VR2800
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi, thanks, but i did try that already, but when i go to delete it in add/remove programs, it tells me it can't find the installation source sky.msi to delete it, that's because i probably deleted it by mistake,lol. still need help please, thanks!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JASANKA View Post
      hi, thanks, but i did try that already, but when i go to delete it in add/remove programs, it tells me it can't find the installation source sky.msi to delete it, that's because i probably deleted it by mistake,lol. still need help please, thanks!
      But see my post above,I didnt say anthing about the "add/remove programs",the method i said avoids that,but sky anytime may still show up on that even if its deleted via win explore method. Even if its deleted from your HD,i've had that happen lots of times
      D
      Last edited by D24601; 22-08-07 at 06:44 AM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok, thanks i tried that, deleted it in program files, and yes it still appears in add/remove programs even though i deleted the file the other way like you told me, but the problem is when i try to reinstall it, yes it starts to reinstall it, then a box appears saying 'the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable'. click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'sky anytime.msi in the box below. then there's a another box with source-----browse beside it. Please please help, thanks! :-)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi

When you first installed it where did you download it to?

Sometimes if you downloaded it to the desktop, and then installed it it will remember the installation path. However if you have now downloaded it and put in your documents, and then try to install it, because it is not on the desktop, would throw this type of error.

I don't know if this will help

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-a...g-kontiki.html
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok, thanks all for all your help, I finally solved the problem found this link Cant Load Anytime - Digital Spy Forums ,they had the same problem as me, downloaded the Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 'windows install clean up' and i highlighted the sky anytime program from the list in it, and deleted it that way, and then reinstalled it, and lucky enough it installed and loaded without no problems at all. This has been bugging me for days now, I finally got it to work- I'm sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!! :-)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us know the answer
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JASANKA View Post
      ok, thanks all for all your help, I finally solved the problem found this link Cant Load Anytime - Digital Spy Forums ,they had the same problem as me, downloaded the Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 'windows install clean up' and i highlighted the sky anytime program from the list in it, and deleted it that way, and then reinstalled it, and lucky enough it installed and loaded without no problems at all. This has been bugging me for days now, I finally got it to work- I'm sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!! :-)
      Good pleased to know its working now,I'm gona have to put it back on here soon,if i can figure out my prob first<but thats to do with KIS 7 i think, i downloaded 2 days ago never had prob with KIS 6>, thanks for info,just download win install clean up-i may need it myself<LOL>
      D