Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Limited Anytime TV content

This is a discussion on Limited Anytime TV content within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am disappointed by the small number of programmes available via Anytime TV particularly when compared to what is available ...

fasttoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01244
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Limited Anytime TV content

I am disappointed by the small number of programmes available via Anytime TV particularly when compared to what is available on Anytime Pc

I was expecting everything that is on Anytime PC to be available on both platforms but this does not seem to be the case.

Last season I enjoyed watching the 5 mins of each Premier League football match that were available via the pc. I found that more convenient than watching Match of the Day. I was hoping they would also be provided through Anytime TV but judging by the total lack of sports programmes I suppose this is unlikely.

Does anyone know why there is such a limited choice?

2. Advertisement
      xeonwales is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberkenfig
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Limited Anytime TV content

I agree!!!

The amount & the quality of the Anytime content is baaaaaad!!!!

Sky keep putting Movies on there (when i dont have Sky Movies) & lots of c**p from Sky arts (who the hell watches Sky Art???)

Hopefully Sky will get there act together & somehow launch a propper On-Demand service

mitchec1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSCRAY
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Not only that if you do have films premiere's don't seem to turn up and the keep giving you endless repeats of Herbie and DR Dolittle. Also no kids in my house why do I keep getting their programmes
      What you know is not a secret

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I totally agree, surely with all the latest technology availaible to Sky they should be able to monitor viewing habits and download programmes that we may consider to be of interest. I do understand them downloading progarmes from channels we are not suscribed to, this makes commercial sense. However what is the point of downloading kids programmes when there are no kids in the house. I hate to say this but at this stage the Virgin Media on demand service is better . Sky should not be allowed to get complacent on this matter , just because consumers are coming to Sky rather than Virgin Media .

Gawaine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm unsure as to the purpose of SA on a Sky+ box. With a full Sky package I can watch any programme I like; all this seems to do is save random programmes to the hard drive. I'd prefer all that space to use as I want.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

^^^^^^^^^
      Couldn't agree more, considering it fills half your disk with useless programs, it is a complete waste of space. Is there anyway you can 'turn it off' and get the full use of the hardisk?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Gawaine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

On eBay they sell 250GB HDDs and a kit for upgrading Sky+ boxes (unofficially, invalidating any warranty, doubtless); they say you automatically lose a third of it for internal use. I thought that was incase you wanted to pause and replay, that sort of thing.