Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime on PC onto your Xbox 360

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime on PC onto your Xbox 360 within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Now that I have your attention, I'll explain how getting Sky Anytime on PC and onto your Xbox 360 may ...

lazygamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cross Gates
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Anytime on PC onto your Xbox 360

Now that I have your attention, I'll explain how getting Sky Anytime on PC and onto your Xbox 360 may be a reality this time next month.

Every Spring/Autumn, Microsoft update the Xbox 360 with a Dashboard Update. These updates add loads of new features, and tweak many others.

Last Autumn video streaming from a PC (without having to have Media Center) was added to the 360, but it only worked for unprotected WMV videos.

The features of the Spring 2007 update have been announced:
      Link to Xbox.com article
      Although the main new feature is Windows Live Messenger (nee MSN Messenger) integration, there is also the following new addition:

Windows Media protected content (WM-DRM) can now be streamed from the PC to the console. If the WM-DRM license is missing or corrupted then a specific error message is displayed to the user. Bookmarking is also stored for protected content.
      With Sky Anytime content being WM-DRM protected, that means there's a good chance videos from Sky Anytime will stream to the 360!

Also of note is the addition of h.264 playback, so videos such as those formatted for iPods or Sony PSP's may well work on the 360.

The Spring 2007 update will appear for download W/C 7th May.

Oh, and on the 16th May, the Halo 3 Beta goes live

2. Advertisement
      Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime on PC onto your Xbox 360

Interesting

Although, what I find more interesting than H.264 (MPEG4 Part 10 / AVC) & WM-DRM, is.......

(from that link)

"Added MPEG-4 Part 2 video support"

divx/xvid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!

Well, hopefully...... not sure if this'll be exactly the same type of MPEG-4 Part 2.....

EDIT:

No, it isn't

The update adds support for MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile.

However, divx/xvid use MPEG4 Part 2 Advanced Simple Profile.
      Last edited by Tezcatlipoca; 13-04-07 at 02:01 AM.

sdewis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: keresley
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ORB may be the answer

Hi guys

I've had ORB installed on my Vista Ultimate based PC for many months now (thru 2x 360 updates).

The Spring 07 update broke many PC-based media streaming apps to the 360, but having installed the lastest version of ORB, it not only fixed the "no videos found" error on the TV screen, but also added folder organisation (same as music and photo folders were and continue to be) to video media too.

Try it - I can't vouch for licence protected SKy Anytime content coz the bloody app won't install on my Vista Ultimate based PC.

Let me know if it works, and if anyone is out there who have successfully installed Anytime on Vista UE, let me know how you did it ... PLEASE!

Cheers & hope you get some results,

Sean

Taffowl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime on PC onto your Xbox 360

Streaming onto the xbox is/was already possible.. I had it setup back in Jan 07 whereby my pc was running Vista UE and I was able to use skyanytime via the applications icon in the xbox media centre application.

see my thread here:
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-a...ia-center.html

i've not tried it for a log time so don't know if sky have updated there software or not but it was a bit tricky to enter the username and password until I modified the login files.