Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime Application Error

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime Application Error within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Can anyone help, please? I am aware that this has been brought up before and answers given which seem to ...

prentonboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Anytime Application Error

Can anyone help, please? I am aware that this has been brought up before and answers given which seem to work for some people. However I have tried everything and it just doesn't want to work.

I have Windows Media 11. I have rolled back to 10 and Sky Antime still didn't work. I have phoned Sky and e.mailed them. I have deleted Sky Anytime and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. I am at a complete loss. I have tried right clicking to sign on as the Administrator but I don't seem to have that choice!

When I phoned Sky I was told it was a problem at my end and I should contact Microsoft.

I was told that the Windows registry Performance Counter Library values have become corrupt, or
      another application has manually disabled the Performance Counter Library. I was advised that due to the complexity of the issue I should contact Microsoft Windows XP support.

It is obvious that other people have the same problem and as everything else works as normal at my end I find it difficult to understand that it can't be a Sky Anytime problem.

Does anyone have any further advice please?

Further to the above I have used Sky Anytime for quite sometime without a problem before this occurred.
      Last edited by prentonboy; 04-04-07 at 08:29 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime Application Error

I have again yesterday tried everything. I downgraded from Windows Media 11 to 10. Downgraded from Internet Explorer 7 to 6. Removed Sky Anytime and then put it back again.

In short I can't think of anything else to do.

I have contacted Sky again who insist that it is a problem with Microsoft. I tried to argue that wherever the problem lies the result of the problem is that customers can not watch Sky Anytime. The only thing that does not work on my computer is 'Sky Anytime'. I tried to argue that 'Sky Anytime' should try and assist in sorting out this problem which obviously effects more than just me. I haven't had a reply to that suggestion.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cross fingers but I hope everything is now sorted out.

What I did was:-

In recent weeks I have upgraded IE to 7 and Windows Media 11. Unfortunately my Samsung MP3 Player didn't work with Windows Media 11 so I rolled that back to 10.

I then found that Sky Anytime wasn't working with Internet Explorer 7 so I rolled that back to Internet Explorer 6 and it still didn't work. I am on BT Yahoo so I downloaded the BT Yahoo Browser to see if that would let Sky Anytime work and it wouldn't so I deleted it and all of the other BT Yahoo parts like messenger that I had also downloaded.

In the meantime I set Spybot to 'Immunize' which apparently stops known bad sites getting at Internet Explorer.

Sky Anytime still did not work so I upgraded everything again IE to 7 and Windows Media to 11. I also reinstalled all of the BT Yahoo bits I had previously downloaded and deleted and still Sky Anytime did not work.

So I then remembered that I had set Spybot to 'Immunize', so I cancelled that and guess what Sky Anytime now works.

In my opinion downloading and deleting and rolling back had obviously lost something really important and by putting everything back it has now reinstated what ever it was.

This may not be the answer to everyone but it worked for me

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well i dont have spybot - i get the error saying WM needs a DRM upgrade - and even after this upgrade and a reboot i get the same message

pile of crap...