Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Mail question

This is a discussion on Mail question within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am using Apple mail on an iMac (Boo Whoo) I have an issue where the Mail activity monitor is ...

Pete069 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01908
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Mail question

I am using Apple mail on an iMac (Boo Whoo)
      I have an issue where the Mail activity monitor is showing that I have 365 Draft emails taking 365mb+ of space.
      I found this after I had to rebuild my mail boxes. I have no drafts showing on my iMac and none are showing online?
      I have been on the Apple Forums and one suggestion was to, in preferences, mailbox behaviours, change the "Drafts Mailbox" from Drafts to "On My Mac". I have tried this a number of times but the setting will not lock and keeps defaulting back to "Drafts"
      I am really trying to find a way of getting rid of these mystical draft messages and wondered if anyone here has a super bright idea!
      So a plea for some wisdom?

2. Advertisement
      forevergroup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidderminster
      Broadband ISP: Wholesale
      Router: Cisco Meraki
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Thanks

Re: Mail question

I am unsure what email provider you are using, have you tried logging in via a browser to their webmail and seeing if these draft messages do actually exist on their servers?

Pete069 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01908
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Mail question

Sky email, so Yahoo. Checking my online account was pretty much the first thing I did, no draft messages.

I have managed to resolve this problem, I upgraded my iMac to Big Sur, problem sorted, but I am no wiser how the problem came about.

I have a feeling it was a synchronisation issue, I no evidence of that though!!