Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Refuse to Help with Email Account

This is a discussion on Sky Refuse to Help with Email Account within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Tried to log into my Sky email this morning to be confronted with the "please call..." message. Rang them ...

westv2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Refuse to Help with Email Account

Hi
      Tried to log into my Sky email this morning to be confronted with the "please call..." message. Rang them but the Sky person refused to help as I wasn't a Sky customer. I was (which is why I have a Sky email) but that was ages ago.

PS. Also had to reregister here as I forgot my email and the request email section didn't recognise my email I entered.

2. Advertisement
      chriscam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky Refuse to Help with Email Account

Sky are a joke mate as is there sky Yahoo mail. I get more spam and crap (Adverts) you would't believe it

Katrina80 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I am in the same boat. I was an avid subscriber - or my mother was. Now she stopped using Sky but I thought hey, what the heck I will keep the account just forward the payment to myself and change my details. It seems simple, doesn't it? Well apparently it is not. I learned that I can't just switch the account ownership (despite having the same last name) and it is oh so complicated. But the most hilarious requirement is having to make an account here. Okay. My case is now being considered. So keep your fingers crossed, or not. I do not know if I care anymore.

-----------------------------
      My friends make every web design real.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

I got rid of Sky years and years ago mainly because their expensive content consisted of a huge number of repeats and the price was going up and up. I still use their broadband which, for me, has been faultless. But last year or it may have been the year before Sky promised me, and others, a free upgrade to Sky unlimited top speed stuff. A month or so before the due date they renaged on their promise. I have never used Sky's email althoughI was given an email addy when I joined Sky way back when they bought out BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting). Up shot is that I MIGHT get rid of their broadband as well especially if I experience any more drop outs.

The reason you had to register on here is that this is not an official Sky forum. There is a Sky forum, or there was I haven't checked, which you could have logged on to using your Sky credentials. Your Sky details do not apply on this forum though so that is why you had to register.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

A close friend died a few years ago.

Her partner managed to retain the account but did have to change the details on it.

I don't know all the details but they are more sensitive when required.

There can be advantages to retaining an account, such as Buy & Keep content, but I would argue that the VIP benefits are worth it as a new customer can always work out a good deal.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms