Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree2Likes

Adverts in Sky/Yahoo Mail

This is a discussion on Adverts in Sky/Yahoo Mail within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Is it free though? I pay for Sky services which presumably gets me access to their email service. Ergo if ...

ldoodle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Adverts in Sky/Yahoo Mail

Is it free though? I pay for Sky services which presumably gets me access to their email service. Ergo if I cancelled all my Sky stuff, I would lose access to my Sky email address? Either way I would have thought my monthly subscription is enough to cover an advert free email service?

If I use an internet cafe type computer will I be able to install and configure a client such as Thunderbird? Will I then have to de-configure and un-install it to stop the next person from accessing my email? Really, do that every time?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Adverts in Sky/Yahoo Mail

Firstly the Sky email address is for life. Its yours, whether you subscribe to Sky or not, the same as any other web based email, such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Provided you log in periodically it will stay active, even if you leave Sky completely.

I am not quite sure what you mean about using Thunderbird in a public cafe. If you mean you want to install Tbird to download your email using a public internet service, I am not sure that this is possible. You would need the cafe's SMPT server address, which may or may not be available. Accessing Sky Mail in a public place would normally be done by using the Web interface, which would be protected with an HTTPS address. Unless your device hacked, no one can gain access to your account. As said previously, installing an add on such as Adblock+ will disable any advertisements. If Sky blocked access to your account when you used an add blocker, then you would have a complaint.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123