Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Email Problem

This is a discussion on Sky Email Problem within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I don't know if this is the correct place, but if any of the moderators work/volunteer to help sky there's ...

DarkCerberus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWHOLS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

[Solved] Sky Email Problem

I don't know if this is the correct place, but if any of the moderators work/volunteer to help sky there's a problem with the login page at sky.com, at the moment it takes me to the account information displaying to boxes and saying it must not be a @Sky.com address this problem seems to be happening to other's who I know and some like me aren't comfortable using the phone to contact sky - I did find a workaround by accessing sky email via Yahoo Mail themselves but this is an annoyance and others who I know aren't happy doing said workaround could this message be passed on directly to BSkyB if possible.....

Edit: Found a solution, entered my secondary email address via googlemail in the two boxes and accepted the new TOC and now have access back to my primary email - at least it solved my problem......
      Last edited by DarkCerberus; 11-08-15 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Fixed the account

2. Advertisement
      Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Re: [Solved] Sky Email Problem

This isn't a fault as such.

A lot of early sky.com email addresses had either the sky.com email address they log into as the recovery email for their account or another sky.com email address as the recovery email. This meant if you were locked out and tried to use the email option to unlock your sky email account you were actually sending the email to the account you are locked out of and therefore unable to access the recovery email.

When people are logging in now if their recovery email is a sky.com email they are being prompted to enter a new email that is non sky to ensure they can recover locked email accounts using the email option.

Long and short of it is, if you get this pop up enter a non sky email and if in the future the email account gets locked and you select email to recover it then the new email is the one that is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD