Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to send emails using my own domain through Outlook.

This is a discussion on Unable to send emails using my own domain through Outlook. within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm using Outlook 2007 as my client and trying to send emails using my own third-party domain name (the domain ...

foxynoris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unable to send emails using my own domain through Outlook.

I'm using Outlook 2007 as my client and trying to send emails using my own third-party domain name (the domain name hosts don't provide a free outgoing SMTP server).

I've just migrated from o2 to Sky so can no longer use the o2 SMTP server to send emails.

I've followed the instructions here Send an email from another account | Sky Help and successfully completed the verification process.

I can also sucessfully send emails from my domain via Sky Yahoo webmail.

I've also repeatedly followed these instructions to the letter (including deleting and recreating the account in Outlook several times): http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Yahoo-Mail/Unable-to-send-email-from-third-party-email-address-solve... .

I've also tried the suggestions in the 2nd post of this thread: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Yahoo-Mail/Outlook-2013-Sending-emails-error-please-help/td-p/158404... .

When I click 'send' in Outlook I get this message: Reported error (0x800CCC0F) : The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or ISP.

Outlook is working fine as I can send and receive from 4 other email accounts using different paid for SMTP servers.

If anybody can shed any light on this strange case I'd be ever so grateful. Thank you.

2. Advertisement
      flash_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Unable to send emails using my own domain through Outlook.

I have the same issue. I have been a sky user for years with no problem doing this but this morning it stopped working. The error message when trying to send from iOS is something like "the sender address aaa@aaa.com was rejected by the server" which suggests it is an issue with sending mail as another domain email address.

flash_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just managed to fix it. I followed advice on some other threads, logged on to sky webmail, in settings > accounts deleted the own domain entry, saved, recreated the own domain entry! saved and all seems to work again. Didn't even get the verification email this time.

foxynoris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've fixed it too. Just deleted both the account in Outlook and the verified account in Yahoo webmail. Added the account again in both clients and re-verified it......

.... and this time it worked!

dotdotuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It is obviously a problem at their end. I cannot send email from my phone or from Outlook.

I have no intention of deleting and recreating the settings on my 5 domains.

Sastel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01483
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi Guys
      Just to report I too cannot send emails this morning. Is there anything I will try logging in to web mail. But is there anything that can be done on the portal in case I have forgotten passwords?

kevbarnett is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hardwicke
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash_uk View Post
      Just managed to fix it. I followed advice on some other threads, logged on to sky webmail, in settings > accounts deleted the own domain entry, saved, recreated the own domain entry! saved and all seems to work again. Didn't even get the verification email this time.
      Hi, did you delete anything on the phone or just teh account details on the webmail server?