Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

This is a discussion on Sky Email - Rejecting username and password within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You are very lucky, I have been unable to log into e-mail or portal since I was connected last December. ...

dudaudio is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

You are very lucky, I have been unable to log into e-mail or portal since I was connected last December.
      SKY have now written to me saying there is a problem that theu are working upon but ahve no target date for resolution.
      What a shower!!!

2. Advertisement
      RONALD-TAYLOR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickpark View Post
      I hope this could only happen to me. I have been trying to login for a couple of months now with no luck, and i have now found the problem. In my password what i thought was a lower case L should have been an upper case i. Outlook express works great and i can send emails using my domain name, I hope this might help someone who has been as stupid as me !!!! Best Regards, Nickpark.
      It has happenned to me and I am still having trouble, I can change my password time and time again but it is being rejected

Bladespsy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am having the problem and the mentioned fix does not work.
      up until 3 weeks ago I was able to receive emails from my sky account via Microsoft Outlook, then all of a sudden it kept asking me for my user name & password.

Despite me resetting the password under Sky's "technical recomendation" the problem still persists and Sky are unable or unwilling to resolve the problem.

The message I get when I log onto the Sky Broadband site and then click on email is as follows - You do not appear to have an email address that comes with Sky Broadband; if you have registered for this service, please click here for any enquiry.

I have done that and Sky have still not come back to me

Anyone else having this problem?
      Any solutions?

Thanks

nurtonc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My problems are finally resolved after someone from Sky who knew what he was talking about phoned me. Touch wood they will not return.

Before this I spoke to the Office of Fair Trading who said Sky were in breach of legislation. As instructed, I wrote to them by recorded delivery with a copy of an e-mail I did not answer. If I do not receive a reply I will go back to the OFT for further advice. I had to pay 43 for instillation when they said it would be free. I think the best course of action for anyone having problems is to contact the OFT. I recently read that Sky Broadband has not had the expected take up rate. I can see why.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I recently read that Sky Broadband has not had the expected take up rate. I can see why.
      I think the target was 3 million by 2010. At 716k todate, I would think that they are well on target.

As for the email, its been a shambles from day 1. I think the biggest problem is the lack of clarity for people to set this up and the confusion with the Username and Passwords.

afaik Google will be taking over the running of this in the near future, so we will have an excellent reliable email service. And a 10gb storage facility. (unconfirmed)
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

conorn_n is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Being a employee, i will say that the email system at the moment is an absolute joke...Majority of calls are centred around login issues. Can confirm that Skys teaming up with gmail to create a whole new email system. They were showing it to us last week, looks impressive enough. Use gmail myself and have never any bother with it. Will definitely make things alot easier for yourselfs and us!
      Last edited by conorn_n; 28-07-07 at 09:05 PM.

JackSparrow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by conorn_n View Post
      Being a employee, i will say that the email system at the moment is an absolute joke...Majority of calls are centred around login issues. Can confirm that Skys teaming up with gmail to create a whole new email system. They were showing it to us last week, looks impressive enough. Use gmail myself and have never any bother with it. Will definitely make things alot easier for yourselfs and us!
      Not for those who do not use webmail apparently. Since the change of the names of the pop and smtp servers, I have not been able to send any email, even though I have been through all the settings repeatedly and they are correct.

Legendary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pelsall (CMPEL)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It work fine on old setting, but not new setting so I am sticking with old setting for now. Sky need to sort it out.

sritzema is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01489
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

OK - so I've been "converted", although can't see any major wounds - yet.

I've dutifully udpated my account settings on Outlook, logged into the www.sky.com/tools site (well 5th time lucky as the site seems to be down due to overloading...).

I've changed my password, enabled POP download.

So you'd think I'd be happy...

Ah.

Can't receive or send e-mail.

HHHEEEEEEeeeeeelllllllpppppp
      Despite appearances,
      this user is fully operational.

Shakka is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01461
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey - I had exactly the same prob. Changed over to Sky Tools e-mail server tonight, could login to portal but Outlook 2003 wouldn't work despite correct settings. However after numerous calls and surfing I found that if repeatedly asked for username and password you need to go to this link and follow the instructions and I'm pretty sure you will get it working. I'm working now!

https://www.google.com/a/sky.com/UnlockCaptcha

!!!!!!

Let me know.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast