Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

This is a discussion on Sky Email - Rejecting username and password within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have you tried the above?...

Hendo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mountwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

Have you tried the above?

2. Advertisement
      Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Golf18 View Post
      I went live today 18th, cannot log on to portal but can receive mail via outlook and mailwasher so password must be OK. Password is the one set up in sky.com and I have changed it. On the letter from sky no password, maybe will come now that I am activated.
      They don't give you a password if you already have a Sky.com account as the passwords that they do send out are for registrations to sky.com that they have set up on customers behalf.

This stops customers having duplicated accounts in their name, therefore no password will be sent out to you because you obviously already have a sky.com registration.
      ~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

RichyC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I discovered this one by accident and it works all the time to log into Sky Broadband portal, this is explorer you log in as normal it came up with dialog box redirected to unsecure server etc you press yes. While it is trying to log in you change your password to the wrong one drop a digit or change a letter. The dialog box comes up again press yes and it logs you in. Very weird but it works.

broj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Droylsden
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Everything except the portal is working. Shy Tech support said there is a technical fault and it should be working in a few days. That was on the 19th... here's hoping. I assume the only way to set up extra email addresses is via the portal?

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yippee!!! I logged on to the Portal for the first time tonight with no "You do not have permission to use this site" message!!! and got straight onto my email page, I haven't changed anything so Sky must have done something! BUT!!!! and there would be a but wouldn't there!!! When I create aditional users and try to log them on I get passed the first login page then get a message "Error initialising email portlet" anyone got any bright idea's??? I tell you this Sky portal is as flakey as well Corn Flakes lol.

edwardw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYDEW
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Yippee!!! I logged on to the Portal for the first time tonight with no "You do not have permission to use this site" message!!! and got straight onto my email page, I haven't changed anything so Sky must have done something! BUT!!!! and there would be a but wouldn't there!!! When I create aditional users and try to log them on I get passed the first login page then get a message "Error initialising email portlet" anyone got any bright idea's??? I tell you this Sky portal is as flakey as well Corn Flakes lol.
      Same prob
      Connected @ 13mbit on SkyMAX

jgrant500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have been on Sky Broadband since 15th September 2006.
      I am still unable to log on to the Sky portal, I have my user name, arrived 3 weeks ago, but I still can't get anyone at Sky to give me my password!

have given up ringing them, they just keep telling me that they have sent me a letter, none of the letters ever arrive. They suggested I had a problem with Royal Mail! none of my other mail goes missing, but that seems to be lost on Sky. I have made a least two dozen phone calls to Sky on the subject, they promise to ring back, they never do.
      I have now given up, unless anybody has any suggestions that don't involve more hours on the phone having the same banal discussion with Sky, again!

rccrchickie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have had no access since activation in Dec.

Received username but not password called and it was sent but will not work.

I have tried every which way but lose and my forth password is in the post.

You can't access skybroadband.com without username and password, from what I have been told.

You could try sky.com - my profile - use your username and click forgotten password.

You need to know the answer to you security question you set up to do this apparently.

It may work for you, it didn't for me.

However I have been informed today by Sky CS that they have recently found that the username and password for skybroadband.com can not be used to acces sky.com. You have to register seperately for sky.com. So the information above is incorrect.

A chap in Sky t1 later said this was utter nonsence and the sky.com was the way to sort this out if your username will work.

Confused Sky User
      Last edited by rccrchickie; 07-02-07 at 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling error

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well i've finally got into the Sky portal for the first time via IE7. None of the usual permissions errors. Must be a fluke.

leonard91 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Portadown
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickpark View Post
      I hope this could only happen to me. I have been trying to login for a couple of months now with no luck, and i have now found the problem. In my password what i thought was a lower case L should have been an upper case i. Outlook express works great and i can send emails using my domain name, I hope this might help someone who has been as stupid as me !!!! Best Regards, Nickpark.
      Thanks for this tip. Have been trying to login for a few days without success. Thought it was a lower case l in my password tried the upper case I and hey presto I'm in. Sky need to sort this out because the letter does not look like a capital I at all.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast