Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

This is a discussion on Sky Email - Rejecting username and password within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I can't even access the webmail portal. I haven't been able to for at least 2 months now - does ...

currenc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I can't even access the webmail portal. I haven't been able to for at least 2 months now - does anyone else know of another route to checking my mails?

2. Advertisement
      johnhosepipe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

I to have the same problem with the sky portal and loging on.

I cannot log on at either the sky.com or the skybroadband.com but i can change my log on password at sky.com and it takes affect straight away.

If i go to outlook and hit send and recieve i get my emails ok (password correct) if i then try to log onto sky.com or skybroadband it will not, but if i change the password at sky.com, my outlook will not send or recive untill i change the password to the newone.

Therefore i can conclude that the problem is sky's as i know what the password is and that it works in outlook.

I must have sent for 5 passwords before now as every time i called the help desk they said it must be your password or your typing it incorrectly we will send you out a new one. i've had this problem since dec 8th

I would like to know when sky are going to do something about it, or what compensation we are going to get. i need multi email accounts and without the prtal working we cannot create these.

I know i can use hotmail but some furoms will not except these and i am not willing to give the kids the only working email address out on a forum site.

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You can create additional email accounts through the sky.com portal. Go to profiles (the same place you went to change your password) and choose Add additional users. They will then be able to use outlook too.

You never know, one of these additional users may even have access to the Broadband portal, but don't be too disappointed when you do get in, because it is absolutely crap in there.

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

TIMONLINE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I got connected to Sky Broadband, amazingly on time at the end of November. However, it took another 3 weeks and a number of calls to get a password. However, this password didn't work (I have tried all combinations of upper and lower case). After further calls to the 'helpline' I resorted to e-mail contact as I refused to waste any more money on calls. After over a dozen calls, most of which were asking me the same questions and making the same suggestions again and again they finally admitted that the problem was with their system. However, they were unable to tell me how long I might have to wait and refused to put me in contact with anyone who could actually help me.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be and how long I might expect to wait to get up and running or if I ever will.

AllyK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rock Ferry
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I seem to have a slightly different experience...

I too had the letter sent with an incorrect password, eventually used the password I used when originally setting up on Sky.com - Home, and that worked. I think the ones in the letter are a red herring and for the most part not even applied to your acct if you have already set your password on Sky.com - Home. I then got the permissions problem which after phoning tech support was corrected 2 days later. So once in I could see my emails, and also set up 2 other accounts for other members of my family and configured the email clients on the 2 pc's currently connected, all working splendidly...for 2 days.

Noticed this evening when opening outlook that I had a prompt for username and password for pop.sky.com. Tried on the Broadband portal, got in ok, but getting "Error initialising email portlet" where my email should be.

Tried my wife's and Son's accounts and their's are fine.

Anyone else got this?

Will prob call on Freephone number tommorrow if there is still a problem

TIMONLINE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wasn't given a password when I first signed up so the (perhaps erroneous) one in the letter is the only one I have.

What is the freephone number? Is it any more helpful than their so called 'technical support helpline'?

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnhosepipe View Post
      I to have the same problem with the sky portal and loging on.

I know i can use hotmail but some furoms will not except these and i am not willing to give the kids the only working email address out on a forum site.
      How about gmail, would that be ok for forums? It is free and appears to be reliable. There are invites on the forum for g mail accounts and I think I have 50 invites free also.
      Rosie
      12591 kb/s Download 579 kb/s upload

cjf50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leighton Buzzard
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I to have been struggling to login since move in to Sky Broadband at the back end of December. Thanks to the various post here I have just got Thunderbird to connect and got emails.
      I will try changing my username on the portal to be the same as my email and see it I can log in on w3.

Thanks guys

AllyK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rock Ferry
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In the most part it looks as if the synching of the passwords between their servers seems to be the problem. after I reset my password using the My Sky controls under Sky.com - Home I found that my email started working again under the new password. Hope this helps some of you at least.

jtsonic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hornchurch
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new to this site. My Sky package went live on December 1st and I have not been able to get the email to work via Outlook Express. I have set it up following the instructions given by sky and I can send mail out but can not receive. I continually get a message asking me to enter a network password and user name. Does any one have the answer to this problem please.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast