Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

This is a discussion on Sky Email - Rejecting username and password within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok I have been on the phone to Sky for an hour tonight, I kicked up merry hell about this ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

"You do not have permission to access this site"

Ok I have been on the phone to Sky for an hour tonight, I kicked up merry hell about this "You do not have permission to use this site" error message when logging into the portal. I got 2 call backs within an hour. Both saying that there tier 2 or 3 level support now have an esculation route to correct this error. Both guys who called me said "It is because the users sky account and broadband account haven't been married up together correctly and that now it has been "esculated" to the correct channel it will be resolved. They have only had access to this esculation process for the last 2 days.

Watch this space !!!

2. Advertisement
      gadjet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haslington, crewe
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I got activated on Wednesday morning, everything went great, down for about an hour (while I was out anyway) double my speed I had with Pipex for less money....... fantastic....now the problem is not being able to log in to the portal to get emails or to get outlook to get them for me.

I'm still getting emails via pipex and as I have email forwarding on my own domain account I've just set up a Hotmail account (couldn't get Gmail) as I was told earlier that there was not estimated date to fix this issue.

Many people talk of getting passwords in a letter from Sky, I've never had a password sent to me ?? and I can log into sky.com with the one I entered during signup.

There's always a snag when you're saving money.... that's life!

gadjet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haslington, crewe
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well my Outlook email started working this morning for my Sky account but I still can not log in using the portal.

made2fade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rugby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was getting the You Do Have Permission message from the Portal.

Exactly one week after being activated it accepted my login and worked fine.

I just used the same login details that i have for Sky.com

UPINTHEAIR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0118 Reading
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I have renamed this thread and stickied it, hopefully should help loads of members with the same issues.
      I have had trouble also Re E Mail usage from Sept 06 an find lots of comments
      in this forum. My question is "does this problem exist nationwide(uk) or are there areas that seem to have more trouble than others?
      I am concerned with the READING area in BERKSHIRE. Would like to hear comments with regards to this issue.
      Last edited by UPINTHEAIR; 23-12-06 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Word ommission.

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Based in Hertfordshire I logged into Sky BB portal from 1st day in early September I think and received email via outlook express with not problems...except when router fails and I use dial up Virgin then Outlook express does not work as this only works when your router is connected!
      Rosie
      12591 kb/s Download 579 kb/s upload

andycswt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdare
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It looks like a national problem, it is all their end. From my experience it is all down to 2 things.
      1) They have told me their mail server is suffering "problems".
      2) They have password issues. The original passwords they sent by letter a few months back were all screwed up at their end. Mine did not work initially, then worked which allowed me to change it to my own, then they must have reset the system because i had to use the original one again.Now they have sent me another one which works intermittently. It looks like you have to go to sky.com and continually make sure your profile password is the same as your outlook express password.

I am also suffering major disconnection issues but no doubt i will find a post on that somewhere else here.
      Last edited by andycswt; 23-12-06 at 03:24 PM.

caz
      caz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: harlow
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Caz from Harlow Exchange.

My Email has started to work today only took 3 months .... but I can only get to my emails through outlook still cannot access via the portal.

its very much a case of pot luck with the Sky email accounts, and my advise is to be patient and to just keep trying every now and then.

kraftee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ruddington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The password they sent me didn't work for any part of the SKY Broadband scenario at all but worked in other parts of the SKY domain.

I've now got to the point where I can actually log into the SKY Broadband site (yeaaaaah) but still cannot pull any email out from their servers, but my wife is happily sending her email out via the SMTP server....

Me confused....good job I'm relying on my own domain/mail servers

kraftee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ruddington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Try rebooting your router in the evening & not be tempted to do so during the day. The synch speed you attain will be slightly lower, but it should be more stable...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast