Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

This is a discussion on Sky Email - Rejecting username and password within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by lrostoke Very weird I tried the captcha link above, and it wouldn't recognise my password, so I ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email - Rejecting username and password

Quote Originally Posted by lrostoke View Post
      Very weird I tried the captcha link above, and it wouldn't recognise my password, so I thought I'll try my old password and that worked ??

I then tried outlook express and that accepted my old password and seems to work fine now...but the portal works with my new password ?
      As I said earlier I think there can be a delay in changes you make on the portal getting through to the google mail system.

2. Advertisement
      jcoles7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Amstrad DRX895
      Thanks

Hi All,

Same here too, had to use my old password and finally Outlook is working for the moment. Guess the passwords will get synced eventually.

Cheers Jason

gcatterall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Holloway North
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I've been trying to get my elderly neighbour's outlook working but it keeps rejecting the password, despite the online bit working fine.

Password was changed yesterday, but today the captcha site won't recognise either new or old password so I'm wondering if I reset it again, how long it will take to catch up, or whether to wait another day ? Anyone have a view?

Any advice would be very welcome!

lilbod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If anyone is still getting their password rejected you may want to try what Rigsby said on the last page.

From the new sky email portal login as the email account that you are trying to set up.
      Click on mail settings.
      Click on forwarding and pop
      ensure enable pop is checked
      save settings
      re enter details into OUTLOOK 2003/Outlook Express

I have been trying for days to sort out Sky's problems and this worked a treat!

scrofts007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01773
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Top tip from Wolvo girl - i luv u!

Been trying since inception earlier this week via Outlook, but kept rejecting Username & password error - Capta etc. wouldn't work with "incorrect user name & password" combination. Just tried original password sent with sky & ulocked - outlook now working OK.
      Many thanks for all your help.
      Stu

djf01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry my first post is a whinge!

I totally peed off and feel that Sky are not taking his seriously. First the post strike, now in an attempt to become greener, even email is up the wall!

I've been without mail for over 2 weeks now, since this bloody changeover which I wasn't notified of.
      I've just managed to receive mail on the web page, using the email address which is the main one for the account.
      I don't actually use this one, but have created a different one, which is the one I can't receive or send anything.
      Outlook keeps coming up with the "enter network password" icon. Done the provided settings many times. The Google unlocking methods doesn't recognise my password.

This is the error message I receive:

Task 'pop.sky.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.'
      Task 'pop.tools.sky.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.'

I can't set up an additional account on the web mail, to access my common used email address, as I can't recieve the dahm confirmation code!!

I've called Sky no end of times, not once been given any proper assistance, just left feeling that thse on the phone in TECHNICAL SUPPORT, haven't got a clue. I've spoken with many countries call centres but to no avail.

Keep getting told the same message, it should be back up and running in 48 hours.....

Its now over 2 weeks!!

I have several extremely important emails, including receipts and confirmation email whcih I need to retrieve which have been sent to my address since this nonsense started.

When is this saga going to appear on Watchdog?

Anyone out there, I need HELP!

PLEASE!!!!!!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Try this site for accessing your mail:

mail2web.com - Pick Up Your Email

lewie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Folkestone
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Try this site for accessing your mail:

mail2web.com - Pick Up Your Email
      Ihave not been able to collect through sky/tools on line since lsat week although my outlook espress is fine.Just tryed the above link,brill.
      Cheers Alan ideal to monitor my mail from work.

stevogums is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110
      Sky TV: SKY Q
      Thanks

Well im still having same probs..can access portal can access sky email...after first email form sky saying all was being switched over..
      For the life of me can i get outlook 2003 to work..dreaded username pass box all the time..
      Tried all the google unlock stuff..old passwords etc..nothing works..
      When i phoned up (twice now)get same level of idiot..and same quote..we are having problems ,keep checking ...I have not once been offered new password ..as others seem to have had..
      Is this still a password synch prob as i have said i can use skys email via portal..but OE2003 not..this is were all my contacts are as well..
      Any advice on what to say whence phoning up..really pissin me off now..
      And and have also forwarded to pop in skys email...
      Last edited by stevogums; 20-11-07 at 06:46 PM.

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djf01 View Post

Task 'pop.sky.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.'
      Task 'pop.tools.sky.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.'

I can't set up an additional account on the web mail, to access my common used email address, as I can't recieve the dahm confirmation code!!

I have several extremely important emails, including receipts and confirmation email whcih I need to retrieve which have been sent to my address since this nonsense started.
      The problem here is that you have not actually set up your additional user account to accept POP access...

Instructions for doing so are in the Tips & Solutions thread - but to cut a longish story short - you MUST log on to the webmail interface with your additional username and password NOT your master account.

The place in settings that you are going to which is asking for a confirmation code is NOT the place to activate additional users.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast