Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

email setup help needed please

This is a discussion on email setup help needed please within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; ever since the yahoo switchover i have a problem with my emails between my laptop running windows 7 home premium ...

tonygold is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: gants hill
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

email setup help needed please

ever since the yahoo switchover i have a problem with my emails between my laptop running windows 7 home premium accessing emails through windows live mail and my iphone 5 accessing my emails through the standard apple email app.

before the switchover if i read my emails on my laptop and then deleted them in windows live mail, they would then not download onto my phone or ipad - perfect, just as i wanted it.

but now the roles seem reversed. even if i delete them through windows live mail they will still download to my phone which is really bugging me. if i delete them on my phone before getting home to my laptop they then will not download through windows live mail. my mail is set up as a pop mail account (as it has always been).

if i try and access my mail through sky's webmail site only my current inbox for the day shows emails, nothing older so have no archive building up of inbox emails on their site either? however any emails that i have sent, either through windows live mail or my phone ARE stored in my 'sent' folder on sky's webmail site. this is driving me mad.

can anyone work out how i can get things back to how it was prior to the switchover so that mails deleted in live mail stay deleted and don't appear on my phone and emails deleted on my phone still download to windows live mail with a copy saved on sky's webmail site in my inbox indefinitely?

appreciate any help. thank you.

2. Advertisement
      Piston is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: TalkTalk Fibre Large
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: email setup help needed please

The old system was IMAP so it would mark the email read or delete it on all devices as it syncs together. When they downgraded to Yahoo mail they use the POP method so this option is no longer available.

tonygold is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: gants hill
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for reply.
      So is there no work round for this?

Is it also not possible to have all my inbox messages stored in my inbox on the sky webmail site rather than only being able to see the ones just downloaded?

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you set Windows Live Mail and your other devices to "Leave a copy of the mail on the server" they will stay in your inbox on sky webmail.