Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky yahoo email

This is a discussion on Sky yahoo email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I would like to know if anyone else has had a problem with spam. Since sky has move over ...

chriscam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Sky yahoo email

Hi
      I would like to know if anyone else has had a problem with spam. Since sky has move over there email to yahoo i get swamped with spam and never had any before the change, it is quite annoying especially when it has nothing to do with anything i have ever looked at or enquired about.

2. Advertisement
      benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky yahoo email

Several threads here detail the same problem, so you're definitely not alone.

Some even talked about the fact it was going to happen. It's been well known for several years that Yahoo mail is both insecure and dogged by spam. Some (like myself despite having a sky email for nearly a decade) choose to forfeit their email rather than agree to the switch to Yahoo.

it might be worth seeing what sky have to say about it. No doubt they'll claim it's just a coincidence!

MrD
      MrD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriscam View Post
      Hi
      I would like to know if anyone else has had a problem with spam. Since sky has move over there email to yahoo i get swamped with spam and never had any before the change, it is quite annoying especially when it has nothing to do with anything i have ever looked at or enquired about.
      I had similar problems with spam, using Windows Mail (POP) to download my mail.
      Sky advised the following :

In this regard, I would request you to sign in to Sky Yahoo! Mail through Sky.com. Select the emails which are spam and then click on the "Spam" button above your list of emails. This will help to prevent further similar emails from being placed in your inbox.

You can also block addresses from which you tend to receive spam. To do this, select "Mail Options" from the gear icon on the top right of your Sky Yahoo! Mail screen and then select "Blocked addresses". Here you can add the email addresses from which you generally receive spam so that emails from them are blocked.

If you using an email client and finding that many spam emails are being downloaded following the switchover, you will need to turn this setting off in Sky Yahoo! Mail.

1. Sign in to Sky Yahoo! Mail
      2. Select the Gear/Cog Icon from top right of the screen and select Mail Options
      3. Select POP & Forwarding from the sub-menu
      4. Make sure Dont download spam email is selected
      5. Click Save to save changes

For more information, see our Forum article "Managing spam email via POP"

Quite why Sky did not set the 'don't download spam email' as the default is surprising, as it did solve the problem

dave richardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Thank you Mr D.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Are you meaning Spam in your inbox or the Spam folder?
      I haven't got any in the inbox but lots in the Spam folder.

But I also try to use the Sky email for crap like site sign-up details and keep my gmail for proper emails, but this is a policy I've instituted quite recently so I get lots of Spam to all my addresses but most goes to the spam folders which I almost never use.

This might (not) be of interest, but I've spoken to a few customers who said that Yahoo was putting Sky correspondence like password resets into their spam folder. Kind of funny, huh?

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I had mail from sky regarding the 75 vouchers for introducing a friend offer go in the spam folder.

So skymail thinks that sky mail is spam lol.

reingeneration is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01273
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I know its a while since this thread started but I have noticed more and more spam coming through to my inbox even though all my settings are as suggested.
      A good deal of it has unwanted sexual content and although I am in the UK a lot of spam ads are for US companies. Even though I keep marking it as spam this seems to have no effect whatsoever.
      I collect my e-mail in a gmail account and quite often gmail intercepts dodgy e-mails that yahoo has allowed through. I am sending this message to Sky [ for all the good it might do ]

Quote Originally Posted by chriscam View Post
      Hi

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I don't really trust the spam setting on the Skyhoo site, there are too many instances of 'good' mail being sent there and if you don't check the folder on a very regular basis, you are likely to loose it. It is far better using a client like Thunderbird to receive your mail, you can then mark spam as such and next time it comes in you can get rid of it with one click. You have to 'teach' the client what is spam, but that way you do not loose important mail.
      I think we were a bit spoiled when Sky used Gmail to handle its mail, as Gmail has a far better filtering method and we were seldom troubled by spam.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I agree that there is a little more spam coming through now, but at the same time at least I can check for emails which would otherwise have been lost now.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Undying is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Do not have TV
      Thanks

I get a lot of spam since the switch to Yahoo particuarly using IMAP & some emails getting reported as spam when they are not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast