Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Everyday I get an enter password message!!

This is a discussion on Everyday I get an enter password message!! within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; This change to Yahoo service is simply awful. I have 5 email addresses with Sky and they are working, via ...

boomish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This change to Yahoo service is simply awful.

I have 5 email addresses with Sky and they are working, via IMAP although setup only says POP3!!! what year are they living in!! only POP3 but I have stuck with IMAP to see if it works as I have several computers, tablet and iPhone, but every day I get a warning to enter my email password on a random number of them. I simply hit cancel then carry on I have learnt as it seems to be downloading the email on them all, but I think every now & again the server throws back a wrong password error.

Is there anything I can change to improve this or is it simply a matter of them sorting out the mess?

2. Advertisement
      Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Hi

Login to your sky yahoo email and at the top right it will say "Hi(your name)", click on this and you will get a drop down with one of the options being account info. Select account info and you will then be asked for your password, enter the password and see if this helps. Apparently it validates your password.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog1979 For This Useful Post:

boomish (01-05-13)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Everyday I get an enter password message!!

Thanks for the reply hedghog, I did reset the password as you say via the Account info, and I had thought it worked but alas it's still back to as it was, every day my email is asking for the password to the accounts, but the email is working!
      On top of this my 89 year old mother-in-law has had the same problem, her email stopped all together , and we had done allt he pop changes to Yahoo! it was workign fin then all of a sudden stopped , I reset her her password only to find the email works but we can no longer log into Sky! no matter how many times we reset the password. she becomes very distrusting of computers and is asking why she can't go back to as it was, she is also getting loads of junk mail.
      My god this change to yahoo has brought nothing but problems, we are now thinking of leaving Sky all together as this is ridiculous service.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

she is also getting loads of junk mail.
      You can fix this by going to the email settings, Mail Options, POP and Forwarding and set the drop down box to 'Don't download spam'. You should check the spam folder no and again to make sure nothing important has bee binned.

My god this change to yahoo has brought nothing but problems, we are now thinking of leaving Sky all together as this is ridiculous service.
      The email is only a small part of Sky's services, if you are unhappy why not do as others have done and set up a Gmail account and just ditch the Sky email. You are not forced to use it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

boomish (02-05-13)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You can fix this by going to the email settings, Mail Options, POP and Forwarding and set the drop down box to 'Don't download spam'. You should check the spam folder no and again to make sure nothing important has bee binned.
      Thanks for the reply but the problem isn't the spam folder it's the fact it's filling her inbox..she's 89 and just doesn't understand why it had to change suddenly she's paranoid someone is stealing her bank accounts. There is a lot more unidentified spam than before. Also for some reason her account was de-activated, so we couldn't log into Sky, yet email and TV is all working fine. We had to ring and find this out and get it fixed, thankfully Sky's customer service is always good, pity it's not the same person in charge of email service

The email is only a small part of Sky's services, if you are unhappy why not do as others have done and set up a Gmail account and just ditch the Sky email. You are not forced to use it.
      I have a Gmail and will start to dump Sky's email but it's not that simple after using it for the past 15 YEARS!! Also this is a service that is part of a package we pay for! I have to reset tons of accounts & subscriptions. The whole no IMAP thing for me is the killer, what age does Yahoo think we live in now..who on earth use POP anymore. I still think Sky will lose a lot of customers over this fiasco.