Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Error message post Yahoo migration.

This is a discussion on Error message post Yahoo migration. within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Prior to Sky dumping Google for their email service I used to get any email coming into my xxxxxxx.xxx@sky.com Inbox ...

Schrodinger56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Error message post Yahoo migration.

Prior to Sky dumping Google for their email service I used to get any email coming into my xxxxxxx.xxx@sky.com Inbox automatically forwarded to my Gmail account xxxxxxx.xxx@gmail.com and vice versa. However since Sky abandoned Google and gone over to Yahoo I keep getting these massages:-

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxxxxx.xxx@sky.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
      Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain sky.com by mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net. [xx.xxx.xx.x].

The error that the other server returned was:
      554 delivery error: dd This message is looping: it already has my X-Yahoo-Forwarded line. (#5.4.6) - mta1067.mail.ird.yahoo.com

I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on these messages?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Error message post Yahoo migration.

Go into the Yahoo settings and click the Gear icon. Now click POP and forwarding and tick the button and put your Gmail address into the box. Click the Save button at the top.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Go into the Yahoo settings and click the Gear icon. Now click POP and forwarding and tick the button and put your Gmail address into the box. Click the Save button at the top.
      What I had already done was gone to Yahoo Mail via the My Sky login route. Clicked the Gear Icon then Mail Options there were then 2 options to select:-

Access Sky Yahoo!Mail via POP

or

Forward Sky Yahoo!Mail to another email address.

I selected the latter and entered my gmail address then following migration started getting these error messages.

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Maybe you could double check you entered xxxxxxx.xxx@gmail as the address to forward to? (and not xxxxxxx.xxx@sky.com)

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've checked and the forwarding address is xxxxxxx.xxx@gmail.com

Thankfully prior to this happening I changed all my important email addresses from @sky.com to @gmail.com because I had a feeling that the migration from Google to Yahoo wouldn't exactly be a smooth transition and would be fraught with problems. I've also notice the amount of spam emails that I receive has also increased since Sky ditched Google in favour of Yahoo!

Thanks

I've also notice the amount of spam emails that I receive has also increased since Sky ditched Google in favour of Yahoo!
      Yahoo downloads Spam by default, which Gmail didn't. If you want to stop it you can do it by going to the same page as you set up the transfer and select 'Don't download spam email'. As its filter does not seem to be very good, I have chosen Download and Mark as Spam. I would rather handle spam on my client than risk loosing something important.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Puzzling, and difficult to work out what if might be without more info. my best next guess would be to check your forwarding in gmail, the error suggests a loop of some sort. Perhaps long before the Yahoo change you had setup your xxxxxx.xxx@gmail.com account to forward to sky account. You could try logging into gmail online, enter the settings via the gear icon, and check there are no entries in the forwarding section. Apologies if it's another fruitless mission!

Thanks

my best next guess would be to check your forwarding in gmail,
      The OP seems to have set up his email before to send and receive in both accounts. ie mail in Gmail was forwarded to Sky and mail in Sky was forwarded to Gmail. There is a good chance Yahoo mail will not allow this and will only work one way. I can see how it would be difficult as mail received in the Sky account would be forwarded to the Gmail account and then forwarded back to the Sky account, forming an infinite loop. I don't want to question the OP's statement that it worked before, but I am at loss to see how this worked with Gmail. You would think the same loop would apply.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes, indeed, it's very puzzling, op does say "and vice versa". Which is an odd way to set things up, but I can see why someone might choose to do that. Yahoo is an entirely different mall system (hence it's inappropriateness for the recent switch imo), but it's actions here aren't ridiculous. Op doesn't say if mail isn't actually getting through, or if the error is the last part of the chain before Yahoo detects the loop. I've seen similar things with out of office replies having huge ping pong battles for an evening ! Maybe the original gmail gmail setup was smart enough to silently do what was needed.

Either way, I think the forward in gmail to the xxxxxx.xxx@sky.com needs to be taken out if it exists!

Failing that I'd get in touch with sky. The main (only?) advantage of isp mail is that they do have 24 hour telephone and online support.