Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By bigmacca

Sky Yahoo Email and IMAP with Outlook 2010 - Nearly working for me but not quite....

This is a discussion on Sky Yahoo Email and IMAP with Outlook 2010 - Nearly working for me but not quite.... within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Has anyone managed to get the 'New' Sky Yahoo mail working with IMAP and Outlook 2010 yet? I ...

bigmacca is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Yahoo Email and IMAP with Outlook 2010 - Nearly working for me but not quite....

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get the 'New' Sky Yahoo mail working with IMAP and Outlook 2010 yet?
      I know it's not supposed to be officially supported, but lots of people have got Yahoo mail working with IMAP and desktop clients.

I'm nearly there, all I've done so far is enter the yahoo imap mail settings into my mail setup;

Incomming = imap.mail.yahoo.com - SSL Port 993
      Outgoing = smtp.mail.yahoo.com - SSL Port 465

and the mailbox opens up fine, I can send and receive emails and all of my imap subfolders are displayed.

However, in outlook, all of my IMAP subfolders are empty and whenever I try to move a mail into them I get the following error message

Cannot move the items. The server responded: 'UID Copy Failed - No mailbox exists with name "Inbox.MyFolder" (where Inbox.Myfolder is on my of IMAP folders)

Everything is working as expected on my iphone and via the web interface.....

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Macca

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Yahoo Email and IMAP with Outlook 2010 - Nearly working for me but not quite....

Wait until the complete move has finished as Sky said it should all be completed with 24 hours so that should be around midnight tonight.

bigmacca is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Yahoo Email and IMAP with Outlook 2010 - Nearly working for me but not quite....

Right I've got to the bottom of it

The migration had prefixed all of my IMAP folders with 'Inbox.' (I'm guessing that this was in the Google mail label) so the my 'Sky' folder had migrated across as 'Inbox.Sky'

All I've had to do to get full functionality restored in Outlook 2010, is to rename my folders so that the 'Inbox.' prefix is dropped and all is well.

Hope this helps someone else

Thanks

Paul
      Scubbie likes this.