Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Conflicting information on IMAP support in Sky Yahoo Mail

This is a discussion on Conflicting information on IMAP support in Sky Yahoo Mail within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The 'Bulk Mail' folder is a Yahoo! Mail feature. It is where all the potential junk mail is dumped....

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Conflicting information on IMAP support in Sky Yahoo Mail

The 'Bulk Mail' folder is a Yahoo! Mail feature. It is where all the potential junk mail is dumped.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

carl31 (04-04-13)

3. Advertisement
      mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carl31 View Post
      Im having problems deleting emails to the trash folder today on my iphone 4, Its saying email can not be moved to trash folder, Was ok yesterday. Theres a new folder there today called bulk mail, Is this part of the new change ? Ive looked on the sky website and all the settings seem to be the same for Mac clients so i shouldnt have to change anything
      I had this problem earlier and so logged into the email interface on sky.com and managed to delete them from there.

carl31 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelane View Post
      I had this problem earlier and so logged into the email interface on sky.com and managed to delete them from there.
      Yeah thanks i have just looked at my Yahoo account on the sky website also but would like to try and delete them on my iphone so they sync with my phone/mac on imap.

Another question if someone could help now its live, i have just looked at the settings for forwarding mail and it says forwarding mail via pop or forward mail to another email address with a drop down box below. I dont want pop and i dont want another email address so what should i choose here ? i cant see anything for forwarding and enabling IMAP like the old settings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carl31 View Post
      Yeah thanks i have just looked at my Yahoo account on the sky website also but would like to try and delete them on my iphone so they sync with my phone/mac on imap.

Another question if someone could help now its live, i have just looked at the settings for forwarding mail and it says forwarding mail via pop or forward mail to another email address with a drop down box below. I dont want pop and i dont want another email address so what should i choose here ? i cant see anything for forwarding and enabling IMAP like the old settings.
      I found that once I had deleted those emails using the web interface, everything was synched up with iPhone, iPad and Outlook. I have the same questions as you re the other settings.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I found that once I had deleted those emails using the web interface, everything was synched up with iPhone, iPad and Outlook. I have the same questions as you re the other settings.
      Cheers All , yeah i tried this too on the sky website and it deleted it off my iphone and into my trash folder. i just tried to send a test email off my phone to my work email and it hasnt shown in my sent items either on my phone. Its got to be something to do with the settings. Abit confusing now

Thanks

In your settings, do you show in the sent field a personal email address or Your Sky one? I have had to remove my personal one and substitute the Sky one in order to send anything.

Exchange:
      Thanks

In your settings, do you show in the sent field a personal email address or Your Sky one? I have had to remove my personal one and substitute the Sky one in order to send anything.
      Its the sky email address in that section. It just doesnt seem to be syncing at the moment, My test email came through but hasnt shown in the sent folder. Is it anything to do with pop & forwarding option if anyone can help please, Im not using pop though so cant work out what to do if i should leave this option or choose the other option ?

Thanks

Hmm. I did not change details on my iPad and desktop Windows Outlook (both IMAP). All emails are coming in OK but had a problem sending anything. Finally worked out that if I changed the show as sent email address from my personal one to my Sky one, it worked again. However, obviously, all sent emails are apparently showing the Sky email address. Has anyone found a way of showing an alternative? Tried changing it on the web interface and sending from there but it still shows the Sky email address. However IMAP appears to work on Outlook and iPad platforms as when I deleted one on iPad, when refreshed, it had gone from Outlook on the Windows desktop platform. Surely Sky realise that IMAP still works?
      All sorted out now. Procedure is explained here http://help.sky.com/email/composing-...nother-account. Once it is all confirmed, then the personal email address can be added in settings to iPad, iPhone and yes, Outlook in Windows. All accounts synch properly. Thanks to mullionman on the official Sky Help forum for his help.

Exchange:
      Thanks

All sorted out now. Procedure is explained here Send an email from another account | Sky Help. Once it is all confirmed, then the personal email address can be added in settings to iPad, iPhone and yes, Outlook in Windows. All accounts synch properly. Thanks to mullionman on the official Sky Help forum for his help.
      Im receiving emails ok and sending but its a synching issue at the moment in the folders.

Still cant work out what to do if you want it too work with your sky email address rather than from another account ?
      Last edited by carl31; 04-04-13 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks

Sorry Carl, can't help you with your sending problem. Perhaps you should start a new thread with the problem as the Title.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelane For This Useful Post:

carl31 (04-04-13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast