Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Changing back to POP from IMAP and other Google facilities linked to my Sky email ID

This is a discussion on Changing back to POP from IMAP and other Google facilities linked to my Sky email ID within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have a couple of questions about the changeover. In the past I used IMAP because I needed access to my ...

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Changing back to POP from IMAP and other Google facilities linked to my Sky email ID

Have a couple of questions about the changeover.

In the past I used IMAP because I needed access to my mail on various devices, but its less important now, so I can probably go with POP. If I just change my account type back to POP will all my emails which are in many folders on the server and my PC still be retained ? I am terrified I lose a lot of important stuff. I have an existing Yahoo mail account and did try setting up IMAP on that, and it works fine, so who knows I may be able to revert to IMAP after the changeover. However, I am assuming my accounts will need to be changed to POP for the changeover to happne.

Second question relates to other Google stuff that uses my Sky.com ID. My Sky account also controls things like Google Maps ( stored routes ) and Google Web Analytics. Will the Sky ID still give access to these facilities. I ask because I did not set up the account for these facilities, but clearly Google recognises my Sky ID as a Google Account and logs me onto these using the same log on and password as my Sky account.

Andrew

2. Advertisement
      mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Changing back to POP from IMAP and other Google facilities linked to my Sky email ID

Hmmm, maybe my question got lost in the process...... is changing back from IMAP to POP as simple as selecting POP in my Sky Account settings, and will that retain all messages on the server that are in folders ?

Some help appreciated please.

Andrew

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Changing back to POP from IMAP and other Google facilities linked to my Sky email ID

As long as you use the drop down box to select Keep mail on Sky server, everything should remain where it is. I am not certain if the emails folders will remain. I would advise downloading your mail to a desktop client and keep it there. That ensures you have a copy if anything goes wrong.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.