Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Error: 550 550 Blocked (state 13)

This is a discussion on Error: 550 550 Blocked (state 13) within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I hope somebody may be able to assist. I have been trying to send an email to email addresses ...

DRGW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0117
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Error: 550 550 Blocked (state 13)

Hi

I hope somebody may be able to assist.

I have been trying to send an email to email addresses which I have used before with no problems.

Each email I send bounces back with the following error message:

Technical details of permanent failure:
      Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Blocked (state 13).

I know the email addresses are working as somebody else has sent an email ok.

Has anybody come across this error before?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Error: 550 550 Blocked (state 13)

Try changing your outgoing SMTP server to smtp.gmail.com.

I am assuming that you are not using a Skyuser SMTP account. If you are please advise and I will move you post again.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Try changing your outgoing SMTP server to smtp.gmail.com.

I am assuming that you are not using a Skyuser SMTP account. If you are please advise and I will move you post again.
      Not wanting to sound think I've not got a foggiest what you mean!

I use the Sky email program but send and receive my emails through Outlook 2010.

Thanks

That's OK, if you don't know what it is, you are not using it.

In Outlook view your email accounts. Not sure how to do it in 2010, but in 2003, you click Tools, Email accounts>View or Change. Change the outgoing server to smtp.gmail.com. see if it works.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Thanks

That's OK, if you don't know what it is, you are not using it.

In Outlook view your email accounts. Not sure how to do it in 2010, but in 2003, you click Tools, Email accounts>View or Change. Change the outgoing server to smtp.gmail.com. see if it works.
      Managed to change to smtp.gmail.com but the email bounced back again with the same error!

Thanks

Have you had email accepted at the address before? I am pretty sure Error 550 means the mailbox is unavailable. This could mean you have made a slight mistake in the address.

Do you have another account you could check the email on, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc? If you don't have a Gmail account it is worthwhile signing up for one. It gives you a good alternate when SkyMail fails. https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail

TomD

Useful Utilites

Router:
      Thanks

Have you had email accepted at the address before? I am pretty sure Error 550 means the mailbox is unavailable. This could mean you have made a slight mistake in the address.

Do you have another account you could check the email on, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc? If you don't have a Gmail account it is worthwhile signing up for one. It gives you a good alternate when SkyMail fails. https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail
      I've had emails accepted at the address in the past with no issues.

It is frustrating though as emails are not getting through now for some reason.

I'll set-up a gmail account and try that although I would prefer my main email address to work though

- - - Updated - - -

I've set-up a gmail account and that worked first time!!!

How can I correct the error on my main email account?

Thanks

It looks like your Sky account address may have got on to a spam block list. To confirm you could try something like Hotspot shield. Download the free version and try it. Hotspot Shield - CNET Download.com

You could also try getting a new IP address this may clear the problem. Switch the power to your router off then on again after a couple of minutes, that sometimes does it. If it doesn't you may have to switch the router off for a longer period, maybe overnight.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Router:
      Thanks

I only turn my router on when my laptop is on. The router is off during the night and also when I'm at work.

I had somebody suggest Spamhaus which tells you if you are on a block list. This didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

I only turn my router on when my laptop is on. The router is off during the night and also when I'm at work.
      Have you checked to see if you are getting the same address each time you sync.?

All Sky addresses, in fact all dynamic addresses are on at least one of the Zen blocklists administered by Spamhaus. This should not matter as it only applies to direct mail and should have no effect using the Sky SMTP server. Put your IP address in here and you will probably find it is on the PBL list - Blocklist Removal Center - The Spamhaus Project While you are there have a look at the FAQ, you may find something which will help.

Did you try it with Hotspot Shield?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast