Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ

This is a discussion on Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am in the process of transferring my existing email accounts from SkyMail to Gmail. Have transferred from the inbox ...

Ralph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWNEDG
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ

I am in the process of transferring my existing email accounts from SkyMail to Gmail.
      Have transferred from the inbox

How do I transfer the contents of SkyMail ALL MAIL to the new Gmail AllMail?
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
      How do I transfer the contents of SkyMail ALL MAIL to the new Gmail AllMail?
      In Gmail via Accounts & Import > Import mail and contacts.

I think this is how you do it.

ross anthony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01282
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Hello Everyone,
      I have an e-mail account with sky through outlook express with pop, if i agree to stay with sky can i carry on useing outlook express or will i be transfered to yahoo.

Thanks for any help
      Ross Anthony.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You will still be able to use a desktop client, but you should look into replacing OE as it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Thunderbird is a good alternative.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I thought I would email Sky direct and ask about the situation regards IMAP. Anyway, when I logged on I got a prompt to have a live chat with their support team, so I did. Asked the question if IMAP would be available after the migration to Yahoo. Not surprisingly all I got back was the verbatim tecxt from whats already on the site and the new T & C's etc. After a bit of an exchange I was told Yahoo only used POP3 to which I replied thjat was not true and supplied the agent with the Yahoo imap server settings. I also told them I had a Yahoo Account that was working just fine on IMAP, so was it just that Sky were going to block IMAP and if so why ?

At this point he aknowledged he was not aware that Yahoo had IMAP and asked me to wait while he consulted a supervisor. He eventually came back with the following :-

You: nnnn, I have an existing yahoo email account and its IMAP
      nnnn: I can understand but are you able to send and receive emails on other email client with IMAP settings?
      You: Yes, its running in Thunderbird.
      nnnn: Ok.
      You: This is the standard settings ...When setting up IMAP, you will need the following settings: Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL) Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS) Username: full email address (for example,bill@yahoo.com) Password: the password you login to Yahoo! with.
      nnnn: In that case you are true. And for the first time some one asked a valid question I feel.
      nnnn: Let me improve my knowledge aswell.
      nnnn: I will fetch an answer for your valid question.
      nnnn: Please stay connected.
      nnnn: Thank you for your time.
      nnnn: Andrew, I have discussed with my CEL about the question you have raised.
      nnnn: My CEL has given me an answer stating that- Sky is switching over to Yahoo from Google and this is a mass shifting to the new server.
      nnnn: First Sky has decided to give access to all Sky customer's on POP3 since it very difficult to Sky to give both the server access at a time.
      nnnn: However Sky will also gain access to IMAP soon before or after April 2013.
      You: Now that is starting to make some sense. Are you saying that to ease the transfer of all the accounts, its easier to do it if you are all POP3, but later, those who used IMAP can revert their accounts ?
      nnnn: Yes that's absolutely correct

Now this, I think may be progress. This looks like IMAP will work, but we need to temp change to POP3 to make the transfer, but can revert back.
      Anyway, thought I would drop this into the mix. MAy be worth someone else trying the same line of questioning to see if we get a consistent answer.

Andrew

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mccaba For This Useful Post:

Aletank (08-02-13),phil123 (13-02-13)

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Maybe to also ease the load they are not going to tell me about this change as I have still not received any email from Sky informing me what is going to happen!

Perhaps they don't love me anymore!

dog-man

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mccaba View Post
      Now this, I think may be progress. This looks like IMAP will work, but we need to temp change to POP3 to make the transfer, but can revert back.
      Anyway, thought I would drop this into the mix. MAy be worth someone else trying the same line of questioning to see if we get a consistent answer.

Andrew
      It all sounds very plausible and I hope it comes to pass quickly. I have got used now to using Windows 8 Mail on my PC for all my accounts - bit of a culture shock at first and no customisation available at all but I wouldn't like to be without it now. Trouble is I have just discovered it only works with IMAP accounts.

So it seems we now have Sky Yahoo only supporting POP3 and Microsoft only supporting IMAP. Computing is supposed to be getting less complicated - not more!

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Accidental double post, now deleted.
      Last edited by benaline; 06-03-13 at 08:25 PM.

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Only just heard about this switch to using Yahoo mail. A huge step back imo. Particularly as these last few weeks have been disastrous for Yahoo mail security. I've had a Yahoo account since the year dot, and a gmail account for almost as long. The level of service is incomparable. Just this week (which is why I was looking into mail providers and stumbled on this) I've been receiving spoofed or hacked mail from a variety of Yahoo or bt Yahoo contacts. It's a shambles. I wouldn't advise anyone to switch to Yahoo over a gmail account.

From last year :
      Yahoo! fails to notify 453k+ users of massive email security breach - Philadelphia Computers | Examiner.com

From the beginning of this year:
      Yahoo Email Spam: How to Protect Yourself

The last couple of days activity are not a good sign things are improving . . .

I'd agree with others that using an isp related email is restrictive, now might be a better time to make the break and, if you're happy with the gmail service, maybe bite the bullet and open a fresh account with Gmail. You may never need to change your email account again.
      Last edited by benaline; 06-03-13 at 10:40 PM.

Hammy50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lochnagar
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benaline View Post

The last couple of days activity are not a good sign things are improving . . .
      You can say that again.

I received an email from a friend's yahoo email account yesterday, opened it and there was just a link, knew right away that something was not right didn't open link, texted her and sure enough she said didn't send it and there was nothing in her sent box. Deleted it and left it at that until this morning checked my yahoo email and the inbox was full of non delivered emails or emails acknowledging receipt of email etc, checked the log in activity on my account and it shows being logged in from Brazil late last night. Today i've had folks from my contacts list contacting me re emails they have received from me late last night at the time of the brazil log in.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13-04-13, 09:23 AM