Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ

This is a discussion on Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Moleman, I signed in to my Sky Yahoo e mail account and followed the instructions to add my bulldoghome ...

236dave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ - Correction to recent post waiting moderator

Hi Moleman,
      I signed in to my Sky Yahoo e mail account and followed the instructions to add my bulldoghome e mail address.
      I then recieved an e mail from Sky into my bulldoghome outlook account, where I hit the verification button.

I can't see where I have gone wrong.
      I appreciate your help though.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Dave

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
      Did you register the account and get the verification email?

2. Advertisement
      moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

After clicking the link it should have taken you to a page that said you had succeeded in setting it up.

Go to options - mail options - mail accounts in sky mail and both accounts should be there. Check the bulldog one and if it hasn't been verified there should be a option to resend the mail.

If that all seems O.K then there is probably an error in your Outlook SMTP settings. Check you SMTP setting with those here:
      Get emails on your Windows desktop client | Sky Help

Do you get an error message?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Moleman,
      Yes it did say succeeded.
      And yes both accounts are now there, with the bulldog one already verified.

My Outlook 2007 settings are:
      Account Type - POP3
      Incoming mail sever - pop.bulldoghome.com
      Outgoing mail server (SMTP) -smtp.bulldoghome.com

When running a 'test account settings', it gives an error ''Send test e mail message. None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.''

I checked the link in your last post which advises to change to Sky details, but I don't want to use my Sky email address, I want to retain my bulldog e mail address. It was working before the Yahoo change.
      Dave

After clicking the link it should have taken you to a page that said you had succeeded in setting it up.

Go to options - mail options - mail accounts in sky mail and both accounts should be there. Check the bulldog one and if it hasn't been verified there should be a option to resend the mail.

If that all seems O.K then there is probably an error in your Outlook SMTP settings. Check you SMTP setting with those here:
      Get emails on your Windows desktop client | Sky Help

Do you get an error message?

Thanks

If those are the setting you have always used then you have not been using the Google servers and so the change to Yahoo would not affect you. The error message indicates you may have the SSL setting wrong so try changing that for the SMTP server (it's under advanced settings). If bulldog allow authenticated SMTP access from outside their domain then you don't need to worry about Yahoo at all.

The reason for registering your bulldog address with the Yahoo server is so that it will allow emails with your bulldog address to pass through. Normally an SMTP server will not allow mails from outside its domain to be sent as a spam prevention measure. However this will not be necessary for you if you are able to use the Bulldog one.

If you try to send an email do you get a fuller error message?
      Last edited by moleman; 12-04-13 at 02:06 AM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Moleman,
      I will try and attach some pictures which show my Outlook 2007 settings, plus the error I get on trying to send an e mail.I hope the attachments work.

Dave

QUOTE=moleman;410623]If those are the setting you have always used then you have not been using the Google servers and so the change to Yahoo would not affect you. The error message indicates you may have the SSL setting wrong so try changing that for the SMTP server (it's under advanced settings). If bulldog allow authenticated SMTP access from outside their domain then you don't need to worry about Yahoo at all.

The reason for registering your bulldog address with the Yahoo server is so that it will allow emails with your bulldog address to pass through. Normally an SMTP server will not allow mails from outside its domain to be sent as a spam prevention measure. However this will not be necessary for you if you are able to use the Bulldog one.

If you try to send an email do you get a fuller error message?[/QUOTE]
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-outlook-2007-settings.jpg   Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-outlook-2007-advanced-settings.jpg   Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-error-sending-e-mail.jpg  

Thanks

You are using the bulldog SMTP server, but trying to authenticate with your sky login. I am going to assume bulldog allow authenticated logins ( can anyone confirm?) and so all you need to change is the outgoing server to "use same settings as my incoming mail server".

If that doesn't work and we get 550 relay errors then I will tell you how to use the sky/yahoo server. It will be nice to see what is set in the advanced tab.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi again,
      I have attached the latest settings and included the advanced tab.
      Hope that you can help.
      Thanks
      Dave

You are using the bulldog SMTP server, but trying to authenticate with your sky login. I am going to assume bulldog allow authenticated logins ( can anyone confirm?) and so all you need to change is the outgoing server to "use same settings as my incoming mail server".

If that doesn't work and we get 550 relay errors then I will tell you how to use the sky/yahoo server. It will be nice to see what is set in the advanced tab.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-new-outgoing-server-setting.jpg   Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-new-outlook-error.jpg   Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-outlook-advanced-settings.jpg  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 236dave For This Useful Post:

seawright (12-04-13)

Thanks

O.K I wasn't expecting those error messages, lets set it up to use the sky/yahoo SMTP server.

On the first tab (General) change the SMTP server to smtp.tools.sky.com
      On the 2nd tab (Outgoing Server) tick "Log on using" and put in your sky details but do NOT tick Require secure authentication (SLA).

That should make it work, although you will not be using the recommended port but we will worry about that when we see what these changes do.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ

Isn't the wrong port numbers due to SSL not being enabled and should it not be?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Moleman,
      Did what you said and it seems to have done the trick!
      I have sent a message and replied back successfully, ie I can now send and recieve messages using my original bulldog e mail address. Your help has been much appreciated. I don't know where you are from but if you are ever near to Liverpool (UK), i will buy you a pint.
      n.b. I have attached the altered settings, just in case I need to change to the recommended port?
      Thanks again
      Dave

O.K I wasn't expecting those error messages, lets set it up to use the sky/yahoo SMTP server.

On the first tab (General) change the SMTP server to smtp.tools.sky.com
      On the 2nd tab (Outgoing Server) tick "Log on using" and put in your sky details but do NOT tick Require secure authentication (SLA).

That should make it work, although you will not be using the recommended port but we will worry about that when we see what these changes do.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-advanced-settings-130413.jpg   Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-general-outlook-account-setting-130413.jpg   Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ-outgoing-server-settings-130413.jpg  

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13-04-13, 09:23 AM