Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ

This is a discussion on Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes, it really doesn't bode well. Feel I must empty my Yahoo account of mail and contacts in case of ...

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Yahoo! Mail FAQ

Yes, it really doesn't bode well. Feel I must empty my Yahoo account of mail and contacts in case of unwanted access asap.

More info I just came across:
      Yahoo Mail Accounts Have Been Getting Hacked for Months

2. Advertisement
      JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Hi,

I have been having a long discussion (5 email replies from CS over 13 days) with Sky Customer Service about the email migration. Each email said something different; most ignored or misread what I had written. Eventually I asked for the case to be escalated, and in the fifth email CS finally understood my question. (Overall, far and away my worst experience with Sky CS.)

It was my understanding that if I failed to click to confirm my agreement with the new Ts & Cs then my mailbox would not be transferred. That sounded good to me - I would lose an unwanted mailbox that required checking every day just in case.

However, that is not the whole story. If you wish to retain your Sky account (MySky login), then you MUST keep your mailbox:

" If you do not accept the Yahoo Terms & Conditions before April 2013 then the mailbox will be closed after that you will not be able to access your Sky account online to make account level changes, upgrade package, manage billing etc."

The migration is absolutely NOT optional for a mailbox with the same name as your Sky Account Id.

Of course I should have read all the details more carefully, but Sky could have helped by making it clear up front that the migration is mandatory for the main mailbox, although optional for any additional mailbox.
      JPL

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

I can't believe that is correct.
      Surely, you have to be able to access your 'mysky' even if you don't have an email account with sky.

I still have not been told about this by sky yet, so maybe they are hoping to lose me??

dog-man

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wow. What a car crash this all is. If they are serious with the statement above this would be the end of sky for me. I do not want any agreement with Yahoo, or for them to have any of my data. Interestingly the statement below seems to contradict this

From https://my.sky.com/mysky/makethemost...-to-know-more/

If you decide you don’t want to move to Sky Yahoo! Mail, you can prepare for the switchover by saving your inbox. To save your inbox, you can set up an email application to connect to your mailbox and save your emails onto your computer using POP or IMAP. We can show you how to do this on our POP Email Help page. Your Sky iD or other Sky services will not be affected.

There is also a section on that page asking "will sky Yahoo mail be safe and secure?" The answer to which is a joke at best, and an outright lie at worst!

I just logged in to my sky account for the first time in a while. To access my emails I have to choose between "accept now" or "accept later" for the Yahoo conditions. I cannot honestly choose either. There is no "not at this time" option. It already feels like a trap. So I cannot access my sky emails at all!

Something tells me someone is lining their pockets with a dodgy deal here. It's certainly not in the interests of any customers.
      Last edited by benaline; 08-03-13 at 11:54 AM.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Yahoo do have a secondary sign-in verification system on standard Yahoo accounts (it's like the Facebook system where if you sign in using a new device, you first need to enter a verification code sent to your mobile phone or answer 2 extra security questions before it lets you log in).

I presume Sky Yahoo accounts will also have this option.

JPL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benaline View Post
      Your Sky iD or other Sky services will not be affected.
      We can now see that this means, "Your Sky iD or other Sky services will not be affected when your mailbox is migrated". It just fails to mention that if you do not migrate it then you lose your SkyId. Perhaps important enough to be emphasised, not just implied.
      JPL

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I have had this confirmed by someone whom is working with the migration of Sky's email systems from one to the other.

They have stated that there is no issue with you retaining your Sky ID whether or not you agree to the T&Cs for the new Sky Yahoo! Mail service.

Obviously if you are using it for your email, then you will need to make alternative arrangements for your emails and where to have any stuff from Sky sent, but that is a different issue entirely.

As for the Yahoo! security issues, I haven't got anything that can be shared yet.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

dog-man (08-03-13)

JPL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      They have stated that there is no issue with you retaining your Sky ID whether or not you agree to the T&Cs for the new Sky Yahoo! Mail service.
      Thanks for the clarification - that was my understanding until Sky CS explicitly told me otherwise.

Is there any way this information can be passed on to Sky CS?
      JPL

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I am sure that the person will forward this on to the Customer service teams, if it hasn't already happened, since he knows that there is confusion emanating from Sky.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Sky Yahoo Mail appears to now be working (to a certain degree). I am now able to log into the Yahoo mail website using my Sky email addy & password and see my Sky email messages, although there's no messages in my inbox after Feb 18th for some reason.

You can set it up on an iOS device by going to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account, Click Yahoo, then enter your Sky email address and password along with your name. You can then choose to sync mail, contacts, reminders and calendars.

iOS devices set Sky Yahoo accounts up as IMAP by default.

You can send email from your Sky Yahoo account but any email sent to your Sky email addy still only go to your Google Sky account so far though, though I guess with it been before the official switch-over date, everything is not fully configured yet.
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 09-03-13 at 12:44 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James_Mitchell For This Useful Post:

Aletank (09-03-13),fluke (09-03-13),Scubbie (09-03-13)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13-04-13, 09:23 AM