Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky mail & google wallet

This is a discussion on Sky mail & google wallet within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Just Bought a shiny new android device. When setting it up, I entered my sky mail details on ...

AlexHaden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky mail & google wallet

Hi all,

Just Bought a shiny new android device. When setting it up, I entered my sky mail details on auto pilot, and it accepted it as a valid google account and asked if I wanted to add my CC details to get my 15 store credit. Which I did.

Now I'm trying to remove card, but I cannot access any google wallet that's associated with my sky account!

Can anyone help?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts
      Could I suggest that you use a PC and navigate to the Google site, log in and then see if you can access your account details from there?

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Forum Runner

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

AlexHaden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

re: Sky mail & google wallet

Hi,

Tried that, I can login to sky mail, but if I try to log into google or google wallet, it tells me my account is wrong.

I think it's something to do with sky doesn't fully use all the google platform, but where it's storing my credit card is a mystery!

Im hoping that once my 15 credit is used, if I create a new full google account and switch to that, and forward my sky mail to that, I'll still be able to use those apps bought against the credit from the sky account.

That CC expires this month anyway, so no major issue if i can't remove it, but knowing I can't get to it is driving me mad I think it must be OCD. I can't rest till I can get rid.

Thanks for the help

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I have managed to find the specific section now. Provided that you can log in to the Google site with your Sky email, you should be able to access your information on this page:

Google Wallet

I haven't associated a card with my account so I can't go any further. I also set up a gmail account for my mobile as I was having other problems with my Sky account in another Google app (sorry I can't recall which).

Having typed all this, I did try to log in with my Sky email address on Google Chrome. It firmly rejected me.

Perhaps there are two other avenues to explore. The first would be to set up a Google account and associate your Sky account with it. This should enable you to then gain access to the card details and change them to a new card. Some people have found with some systems that an expired card an still be responsible for deductions with some other payment systems (not heard about it with Google).

The other option would be to contact both Google and Sky via email. Google must be able to advise you how to access your details. Sky should also be able to advise as this shouldn't be the only instance of this happening.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

I just wish Google would hurry up and activate the NFC app over here - seems pointless having a phone with NFC and I can't use it!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

DJS
      DJS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Arrowebrook
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky mail & google wallet

I think the isue arises because you need to make your Sky email address a Google Account officially (as if you were using it for Google+ etc). I hope that makes sense.

Regards