Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Deleted Additional User

This is a discussion on Deleted Additional User within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I set my mum up with an email account but she didn't like the address. So I deleted the account ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Deleted Additional User

I set my mum up with an email account but she didn't like the address. So I deleted the account and created another but the original email settings are still working some 24 hours after deletion.

Because I added another account using identical names when I was viewing my additional users I didn't know which one to delete as it only shows you the registration details and not the accounts username which would have been helpful.

Now I am in the position of deleting an account that is still active but not knowing out of the 2 accounts which one I have actually deleted.

I hope that makes sense, does anyone know how long a deleted address will remain active for??

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      When you say you deleted the account, do you mean you deleted her profile or you deleted her e-mail address. If you have deleted her profile then you should be able to set her up and new profile with a new user name which then forms part of her Sky address. If you have only deleted her e-mail address then to give her a new address you will have to delete her profile.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

In the additional users list I selected REMOVE think ing it would delete the user account, but the login still works and can still receive email.

I have checked this with her new profile and the old profile, both still working although one is no longer associated to my Sky Account but can't figure which one still is as if you look at the user properties it will not reveal the username, Sky needs to sort this out I think.

Ian
      Ian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have a similar problem. I created an additional profile in My Sky, which also setup the e-mail account. Later, I deleted the profile, but the account still functions.

Now I want to reinstate the profile again, but I cannot as the Sky site says that the username is already in use -- even though I deleted the profile.

So what appears to happen is this:

- Creating a profile also creates an e-mail account
      - Deleting a profile does not delete the corresponding e-mail account

Thus it is not possible to recreate a profile with the same name again because the e-mail account still exists.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Try logging in with the MAIN user account and see if there are any options there! I havent managed to get into the Portal or Had time to either so I can really help alot!

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had this problem, I created accounts for my whole family, decided to create myself a better e mail address on the main sky site using the main account.

made an account and it worked fine, i decided to delete the account because I didn't like the name of it, tried a few others but the names I wanted were taken, so i thought to myself "ill just make a new account using my old name" but the old name was taken, when I had just deleted it. got an ever more pathetic e mail now haha, cant login to old name account but it still says username in use on the main sky add additional users panel.

2 days on now and the problem persists. maybe sky dont actually delete their records when you remove an account?

sritzema is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01489
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Deleted Additional User

I have also had this problem.

I spoke with Sky support and they were clueless.

When you REMOVE additional accounts, they are not removed - they are simply unlined from the main account. These removed accounts can recieve any e-mail but not send mail outside sky.com.

I am going to get this escalated tonight with the 3rd line technical support team.

I'll keep you all posted.
      Despite appearances,
      this user is fully operational.

karen100677 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Deleted Additional User

Not sure if anyone still needs this as I know the posts are quite old but just in case anyone has any problems, Sky emailed me this after I'd mistakenly deleted an additional user.

The first person I emailed at Sky said it wasn't possible to re-activate somebody as an additional user however their email account would still be active.

This was the response I received initially:

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

Sorry to hear about the issues your having.

Your additional user's email address is still active which is why when you have tried to add it again it says already in use, although not actually linked to your account any longer the email address will still work for both incoming and outgoing mail.

Unfortunately we are unable to add this email address back to the main account but once your additional user has logged onto sky.com it will give them the option to upgrade the account to a secondary user at the left hand side.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

However, when I checked the additional user, there was no option to upgrade the account to a secondary user so I queried this further. I then got these instructions from somebody else at Sky which worked perfectly and my additional user is now back up and running and I can see them as an additional user on my primary user account.

Email From Sky:

Thank you for your mail about username Joe.Bloggs.

At the moment you have disassociated " Joe.Bloggs " from your account and this means that you will first have to upgrade "Joe.Bloggs" to a secondary user.

To do this simply follow the steps below:

Having checked the status of your additional account, I can see that it is set as a ‘Guest’ account. This means it will not have email privileges.

To amend your username Joe.Bloggs from a guest account to a secondary account, please follow the procedure detailed below:

1.Log into My Sky with your guest profile – www.sky.com/mysky
      2. Under the billing centre section, click upgrade you account.
      3. Enter your house number, post code and the viewing card number of the account holder.
      4. Click Submit
      5. Click register me as a secondary user on this account.
      6. Click next
      7. You should then see the message:

We've emailed the Primary user on the account to notify them, and they have 14 days to approve you.

If they don't respond within this time, you will lose your status as a Secondary user.
      8. Click Finish
      9. If you are the primary user, log out of this account and log in with your primary username and password. If not, you will have to get the primary user to complete the next steps.
      10. Click on manage additional users under the manage profile section
      11. You will see the request to decline or active user.
      12. Click activate user
      13. Your guest account will now be a secondary account.

Please note that when you’re secondary user first logs in, they will be prompted to place a tick in the Terms & Conditions box before they can access emails.

You can repeat this process for each of the guest accounts you created if you wish.

Following this, you will then have the options to upgrade this secondary user ( Joe.Bloggs ) to primary if you wish.

I am confident this will resolve your username issues.

Hope this helps.

It's the first time Sky have been able to help me with anything and that was at a push. Hurrah!!!!