Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Outlook POP issue

This is a discussion on Outlook POP issue within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I hope someone can help me I have had POP enabled on my emails to outlook for years with no ...

Nesbitt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01634
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Outlook POP issue

I hope someone can help me I have had POP enabled on my emails to outlook for years with no problem I then enabled IMAP to view my emails on my iphone (which I haven't managed to do yet) with the result that my outlook emails no longer worked.

I thought it would be a straightforward resolution of going into my sky email, re-enabling POP and re-setting up the email account in Outlook, but to no avail.

Everytime I set up the Outlook email account with MY details for some bizarre reason it will only accept my partners email username and password for the incoming mail server with the result that all her emails get fed through to my Outlook account, it just errors everytime I put my own username and password in.

We have deleted her account - which incidentally is her own separate user account in Outlook not linked with mine at all - and then re-set my account up but this hasn't worked and after 50 minutes on the phone to sky we are no closer to solving the problem.

This has all stemmed from enabling IMAP I just dont understand how something which should be so simple has had us pulling our hair out.

I have also tried the password unlock and spoken to sky to make sure my passwords are in sync.

Any help will be much appreciated and if you require any further informaiton please let me know.

Thank You
      Last edited by Nesbitt; 10-07-12 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Additional information

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Outlook POP issue

Have you tried re-enabling IMAP? Even if you have a problem with your phone it should still be OK on Outlook.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.