Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Unable to open email page

This is a discussion on Unable to open email page within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all I use Firefox v 10.0.2 Windows Vista Home Premium, I am unable to open my Sky email page, ...

LancashireLass is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: SKY Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Unable to open email page

Hi all

I use Firefox v 10.0.2 Windows Vista Home Premium, I am unable to open my Sky email page, I can get as far as putting in User Name and Password then I get Problem loading page

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
      If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
      If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I can access email with IE so problem must be with Firefox, can anyone help please?

LL

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Unable to open email page

Could you update FF to the latest version please? The current version is 13.0.1 and may well be the cause of the problem.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Could you update FF to the latest version please? The current version is 13.0.1 and may well be the cause of the problem.
      Yes I could and I do keep getting reminders, the last time I updated FF things did not work and so I went back to the earlier version. But I will give it a go, I have backed up so should be able to get back if some software does not work.

Many thanks.

LL

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Does it work if you click on the email link on this page:

Sign in to My Sky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Does it work if you click on the email link on this page:

Sign in to My Sky
      Hi thanks for the reply, no it did not work with that link.

I have updated to the latest version of FF and it is still the same with this message re Add-ons

Incompatible Add-ons

Microsoft.NET FRAMEWORK ASSiSTANT 1.2.1
      SKYPE CLICK to CALL 5/9/0/9216
      AVG SAFE SEARCH 10.00.1423
      ZONE ALARM Security ENGINE 1.5.350.0

This is why I did not upgrade because I really don't know why they are disabled and what harm it will do.

Any help is always appreciated, hope someone can help.

LL

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

This is why I did not upgrade because I really don't know why they are disabled and what harm it will do.
      The Add ons you are loosing are no loss, apart from the Skype one which you may use, you are better off without them.

The Microsoft one is no loss, I think it is installed with MS automatic updates and will probably be replaced when MS realize it needs updated. Many look on it a malware as it is installed without consent.

The Skype Click is not really required unless you use Skype an awful lot. Skype itself will still work perfectly well.

The AVG add on is thought by some to slow down the browser. Firefox has built in features to defend against phishing and malware so it is not really needed.

The Zone alarm security engine is the same as the AVG one, it is not really required.

I think you have been slowing down your browser by having these last two installed, It is bad enough with one, but with 2 trying to do the same job, it is even worse. I would remove them from your Add-on list so that they do not reinstall when they are updated.

Have a look here if you are worried about phishing etc, - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo...ng-protection/

Now back to you problem. Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode in case there is an Add on which is causing the problem. To do this go to the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to Help in the menu and select 'Restart with Add-ons Disabled'. See if you can now get into your email.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The Add ons you are loosing are no loss, apart from the Skype one which you may use, you are better off without them.

The Microsoft one is no loss, I think it is installed with MS automatic updates and will probably be replaced when MS realize it needs updated. Many look on it a malware as it is installed without consent.

The Skype Click is not really required unless you use Skype an awful lot. Skype itself will still work perfectly well.

The AVG add on is thought by some to slow down the browser. Firefox has built in features to defend against phishing and malware so it is not really needed.

The Zone alarm security engine is the same as the AVG one, it is not really required.

I think you have been slowing down your browser by having these last two installed, It is bad enough with one, but with 2 trying to do the same job, it is even worse. I would remove them from your Add-on list so that they do not reinstall when they are updated.

Have a look here if you are worried about phishing etc, - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo...ng-protection/

Now back to you problem. Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode in case there is an Add on which is causing the problem. To do this go to the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to Help in the menu and select 'Restart with Add-ons Disabled'. See if you can now get into your email.
      Hi Tom

Thank you so much for all that info, I do appreciate you taking the time to help. I will do as you say and see if that works.

Kind regards

LL

Thanks

Hi again

I started in safe mode but still unable to get to email page the same Problem Loading Page appears. I am fairly sure I do get signed in because I can see how many emails are waiting, its when I click on email that the problem page appears.

Could I have something wrong in email set up. It had been working prior and no changes had been made to the system.

Thank you

LL

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Can you try clicking this link, it should bypass MySky and take you direct to the Email sign in page. See if that helps
      https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

LancashireLass (28-06-12)

Thanks

Hi Tom

I have just sorted it, I deleted browers cache, that did not work then I deleted cookies and that did!!!!

Thank you very much indeed, very kind of you to help.

LL
      Isitme likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast