Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New to sky..Email probs.

This is a discussion on New to sky..Email probs. within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all. I have just joined sky from talktalk and I have been connected today. Sky gave me the email ...

bigballs5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

New to sky..Email probs.

Hi all. I have just joined sky from talktalk and I have been connected today. Sky gave me the email addy "******@sky.com". I see this account is via google(Gmail). I use windows live mail on my pc to collect and send emails. I was going to carry on using my talktalk email account but as soon as I changed to sky I could not send emails, but I can receive them from my talktalk account. So I decided to go ahead and use the sky email account but I keep getting these pop ups. What do I need to do too stop this?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to sky..Email probs.-email.jpg  
      Last edited by Scubbie; 14-03-12 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Removed email address so it isn't picked up by bots

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: New to sky..Email probs.

Check that you have enabled the IMAP or POP3 settings for your account and the Windows Live Mail has been correctly configured to use Sky's Email Servers.

As for the certificate, I get this for a Yahoo account. Just accept the Certificate and all will be well.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.