Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky email login times disappearing..

This is a discussion on Sky email login times disappearing.. within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello again, For some time now, when I login to check my emails through the sky login page, I`ve noticed ...

Childofthe80s is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky email login times disappearing..

Hello again,

For some time now, when I login to check my emails through the sky login page, I`ve noticed some of the times I login have disappeared.

When logged in, towards the bottom right hand corner of the page, and below the time (in minutes) since I last logged in, there is a little option called "details" when I click on this it lists the times of day and IP address I`ve used to log in and check my emails.

Now quite often for the last month or so, there have been times when I`ve logged in, but they don`t show in the list. I tend to check my sky emails consecutively, and I have another 2 email addresses that I check at the same time, but these appear in order. It`s just one of them won`t show that I logged in an hour or so ago, despite the other 2 addresses telling me I did, and me knowing that I have.

I don`t allow cookies, except when logging into places, so when checking emails, I will allow content and go straight to the Sky login page, then once I sign out, I block cookies and clear data and carry on browsing as normal.

And on top of that, it regularly asks me to "sign out of all other sessions" when I only log in on one PC, and don`t use mobile devices or log into my emails anywhere else but here at home on my desktop PC.

The people at Sky looked into it but couldn`t figure out what is causing them to disappear, and suggested Google are the people to speak to, but they`re useless and have never replied, so I wondered if anyone here could help?

Many thanks for taking the time to read, and apologies for multiple use of the word login!

2. Advertisement
      Childofthe80s is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky email login times disappearing..

Shortly after this post, and to see if it made any difference, I removed the google adblocker program I had installed.

Since then I have not had any login times disappear, nor have I had any requests to log out other sessions.

Either a strange coincidence, or maybe that adblocker was being a bit sneaky, I should have known you get nothing for free in life!