Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Microsoft outlook and transfer of email address

This is a discussion on Microsoft outlook and transfer of email address within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; During the "sales" conversation with Sky (before we signed up to a complete home TV Phone Broadband package), I asked ...

Nothappybunny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Microsoft outlook and transfer of email address

During the "sales" conversation with Sky (before we signed up to a complete home TV Phone Broadband package), I asked my partner to ensure that I could continue to use my existing provider email address. I didn't think this was a possibility and wondered if we should stay with our existing provider. My Microsoft Outlook contacts box is huge and I didn't wish to manually transfer every single contact and then have to email worldwide addressees with a new email address. Also - my existing email address appears in publicity materials which I did not want the expense of reproducing. We were categorically told that this was simple to set up. When we moved to Sky - I added the Sky modem and then tried to set up outlook to collect and send email from my existing provider as normal, this worked for the first day and then stopped. Sky technical support talked me through three or four different set-up options over the following week, none of which had the desired effect. Ultimately I spoke to Sky customer relations who advised that it was not possible to continue to use our existing email address, and suggested that we start using a Sky email address Finally after paying a local computer engineer to assist without success, we gave up. I now collect email via the home page of my existing email provider which is glitchy, slow and filled with adverts. Microsoft Outlook remains redundant, except when on occasion as web site email reply option resurrects it. It then takes hours to load before crashing our computer, blocking all other programmes in the process. Remaining very dissatisfied with the whole experience I contacted Sky customer relations to say that I felt we had been mis-sold the package. They denied that any of their operatives ever told us we could keep our existing email address. Any ideas would be welcome

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Microsoft outlook and transfer of email address

Please read the thread linked below and consider applying for an account:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/skyus...p-account.html

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Microsoft outlook and transfer of email address

You should be able to receive the email from your old provider (providing they've not cut it off as you've left them) but sending would need to go via the Sky email server (or a 3rd party server as linked to above)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket