Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

IMAP on iphone confusion

This is a discussion on IMAP on iphone confusion within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi peeps, I've been using pop for a while without too many problems but thought I would be clever and ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

IMAP on iphone confusion

Hi peeps, I've been using pop for a while without too many problems but thought I would be clever and switch to IMAP All seems to working reasonably ok but when I delete something on the iphone it seems to jump into the trash bin for about 20 seconds then disappears and re-appears in a bin called "All mail" I have to then go in there and delete it again to finally get it to move into the bin

I am completely completely confused by the following settings :
      What the heck does "Auto-Expunge" mean?

When I mark a message in IMAP as deleted:Auto-Expunge on - Immediately update the server. (default)
      Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server.

When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder:Archive the message (default)
      Move the message to the Bin
      Immediately delete the message forever

Also does adding a foreign email address to the IMAP account i.e. "hotmail" slow the "mail push" process down?
      My Sky mail used to get "pushed" within about a minute of being send. But since since I have set up my sky email to access and download hotmail as well there seems to be about a 30 minute delay in messages coming through.

Sorry for so many questions, and thanks in advance.

Kev.

2. Advertisement
      carl31 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Re: IMAP on iphone confusion

Sorry to add to an old thread but i am having the exact same problem on my iphone with imap. Can anyone help with this please ?