Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Someone has our email address! please help

This is a discussion on Someone has our email address! please help within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by fuzzy logic I think the someone entering the wrong email address when buying goods is a likely ...

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Someone has our email address! please help

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy logic View Post

I think the someone entering the wrong email address when buying goods is a likely explanation though.
      I agree. In many ways the other user may be placing themselves in a more dangerous position as you might receive information on their credit card details as well as their address.

2. Advertisement
      boomish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks once again for the replies, yep I changed all passwords, and I did check and forwarding at google. As I said I'm a pretty advanced computer user so usually not too bad with these things. But it's def not someone tying in a mistaken email and not someone registering as a guest on websites, this person seems to be able to receive emails with the same email address and confirm them. They even placed and order where I can see their full name and address so I don't think it's done on purpose.

steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Have you tried emailing your daughter's address with a warning / request to the other user?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

As mentioned, it's likely the person 'using' the email address is typing it wrong. Have seen it happen before in the past where someone thought their address was firstname.lastname@sky.com whereas in fact it was firstname-lastname@sky.com so the user with firstname.lastname@sky.com was getting their emails

Easy to do but you'd need to get in touch with the person in question and confirm this
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think it is even more worrying for the other person if you are receiving notification of their address and orders. If there is a phone number, give them a ring. If there is not, drop a line to their address or look their number up on line. I think it is a case of the wrong email being registered with the shop, either through a mistake by the customer or the shop. The other person is probably wondering what is happening to his/her email notifications.

It may be something as simple as missing a number off the address, eg, using mary@ sky.com instead of mary101@ sky.com

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12