Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Inoperable menu/action buttons within Skymail

This is a discussion on Inoperable menu/action buttons within Skymail within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After successfully logging in to my sky mail accounts although I can select certain option (eg can switch between Inbox ...

oldbirkonian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birmingham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Inoperable menu/action buttons within Skymail

After successfully logging in to my sky mail accounts although I can select certain option (eg can switch between Inbox & Sent Mail boxes), I cannot gain access to Spam which was in a submenu under "4more" option heading. (Now when I on click on this option, the dropdown menu doesn't appear).

The initial menu order displayed to the left of the opening page is unchanged, that is:
      Inbox
      Starred
      Sent Mail
      Drafts
      Deleted Messages
      Follow Up
      Misc
      Priority
      4 more (with down arrow indicating presence of a sub-menu)

Similarly, although I can still select messages either by clicking the box alongside them or clicking one of the Action buttons (eg "select all"), when I click on the "delete" option nothing happens and the messages remain unaffected.

This is a new phenomenon and the only system change I've made recently is a move from IE8 to IE9.

Only the lack of access to the Spambox is really annoying as I use MS Outlook 2000 for emails and its link to skymail is working fine for all three of my user accounts.. Any suggestions? Thx Peter

2. Advertisement
      oldbirkonian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birmingham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Inoperable menu/action buttons within Skymail

I have got round the problem of the inoperable "4more" option by changing the Mail Settings for "Spam - to "View" rather than "Hide". Now "Spam" has its own entry in the Menu and "4More" has reduced to "3More" - for what I can't remember! Anyway at least I can now examine messages which SkyMail has classified as "Spam".

This still leaves me puzzling as to why clicking on the delete command button no longer deletes selected messages.
      Help!