Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Outlook 2003

This is a discussion on Outlook 2003 within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All I hope that someone is able to help me (please). I recently changed from Talktalk to Sky. Since ...

danunited is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Outlook 2003

Hi All

I hope that someone is able to help me (please). I recently changed from Talktalk to Sky. Since the change I have not been able to use Outlook 2003 to send and receive mails.

After unsuccesfully trying to set up Outlook using the online instructions I contacted Sky by phone. Despite many long telephone calls and going through the set up with many of their representatives many times I have just been told that they can not help and that I should contact Microsoft direct.

After finding this very helpful site and ready many threads and posts I have now managed to set up two secondary mail addresses to receive mails through Outlook. Unfortunately I can not send mails through outlook still. I have checked my settings many times and read many posts for help.

When I go into test settings I get many ticks right up until:- "Send test e-mail message: unable to send test message. Please verify the E-Mail address field."

I am really frustrated with this now and I would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

2. Advertisement
      moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Login to Sky Webmail, click on Mail Settings, and make sure POP3 access is enabled.
      Configure OL as per attached screenshots.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Outlook 2003-sky_pop3_0.jpg   Outlook 2003-sky_pop3_1.jpg   Outlook 2003-sky_pop3_2.jpg  
      JPL

danunited is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi All

Thanks for the two responses. I have double checked and all my Microsoft Updates are fully up to date. I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with service pack 3.

I have already enabled pop 3 on both the primary and secondary addresses. I have followed the configuration screenshots several times and have double checked several times.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

stevedel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYPON
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Same issue being experienced, have sky changed anything in terms of the config of POP??

Constantly getting asked for username and password when trying to use outlook 2007 to download emails. Previously worked fine, POP enabled in settings in the Webmail account.

Anyone know anything??