Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to stop your own Sky email account?

This is a discussion on How to stop your own Sky email account? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I changed isp's a couple of years ago migrating to O2, but for some strange and now very annoying reason ...

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

How to stop your own Sky email account?

I changed isp's a couple of years ago migrating to O2, but for some strange and now very annoying reason Sky omitted removing my email account and try as I may I can't fathom out how to get rid of it-unless, I've just thought, that you can't delete an account when using it-I'll have to phone won't I?

I know I've also got a small email only account with AOL as a 'spare' but it's getting a boring unnecessary chore having to log onto Sky's email and work through them. To be honest most are now spam-some I've supposed to have sent to myself-no! it seems that Sky don't have the facilities or knowledge to sort that side out.

A dear phone call in order to make sure it's cancelled?

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: How to stop your own Sky email account?

Sky email is for life, whether you are a customer or not.
      Its run by Google.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Why are you logging into the account if you don't want it? Leave it and don't worry about it.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

To be honest most are now spam-some I've supposed to have sent to myself-no! it seems that Sky don't have the facilities or knowledge to sort that side out.
      Sky use Google Mail which has one of the best spam filters available. There is always some getting through, that is inevitable, but most of it is stopped and put in the Junk folder. If you have not looked there, do so, you may find hundreds of Spam mails. They don't allow it to grow to big by deleting anything older than 30 days.

As Paul says, if you don't want to use Sky Email, just stop accessing it. If you have set it up to deliver to your email client, simply delete the account in the client.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

M.E.B. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am a Sky customer and on my Primary e.mail address i am getting a lot of spam all i want to do is to change my Primary address to an address i have with Sky or delete the Primary address, i have been trying for days to do this i e.mail Sky on how to do it and the answer i got back did not make sense. any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

When you say you are getting a lt of spam, how much are you getting? Gmail, which Sky use has very efficient spam filters, if you are getting a lot of mail addressed to you it looks like your email address has been compromised.

In addition, what do you use to access your mail? Most good clients have built in filters which will detect and quarantine spam. In Outlook for instance if a mail should get past the filter, right click the mail select Junk mail then Add to blocked senders.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

M.E.B. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for reply, I get about ten a day they only get as far as the spam filter but once they have your e.mail address they can pass it on and they use a different address every time they send them, i got them when i went on Facebook and left every thing open.
      I use Skys website to get my mail,Sky e.mail addresses once you have one are impossible to delete i have been trying for days to find a way to delete my primary address or change it for another address i have with Sky. Thanks again.

Thanks

No Sky do not seem to allow you to 'black hole' an email account as some other ISPs allow you to do. The only thing I can suggest is that you try to sign up for a new email account. I don't know if it will work, but go to here - Free Email Account with Sky | Sky.com and click the blue sign up button bottom right. Change your name slightly (give yourself a middle name?) and fill in the form and see what happens. If it works, just stop using your old address and be more careful how you use your new one.

TomD

Useful Utilites

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If you really don't want the account anymore, in gmail, which sky use, you can set up an autoreply message in general settings, and delete all incoming email, by creating a filter to delete incoming emails where FROM contains a *

I get a dozen plus spam emails a day going into my gmail account's spam folder, and only very,very rarely does one reach my inbox, so I wouldn't worry about it.

dsldude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Adding a 2nd email ac is easy enough, go to sky.com, click sky customers, login
      with your main username and password, click my profile and scroll down to manage
      additional users click that then click create additional user.

Your original primary ac will still exist so you can view your bill etc, just ignore
      the email side of things and use your new username and password for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast