Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Will Sky do anything to help?

This is a discussion on Will Sky do anything to help? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey folks, I think I know what the answer to this will be but thought it would be worth a ...

Jo79 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01132
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Will Sky do anything to help?

Hey folks, I think I know what the answer to this will be but thought it would be worth a try anyway. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. It's a complicated situation but I've tried to simplify it as much as I can.

My Sky email account was hacked (I have Sky TV, Talk & Broadband) and sensitive information was copied & forwarded to another address (a Hotmail account). I know who it was and I have proof. I know the person that did it also has a Sky account (with TV & Broadband) and probably used their Sky connection to do the deed. So my question is this:

If I contact Sky and tell them about this, will they do anything? I asked the police for advice (I've had ongoing trouble with this person) and they said they couldn't do anything to help but that I should tell my ISP. Would Sky tackle the person? I doubt they (Sky) would end their contract with them, it's money to them after all and I suspect they won't care about this at all.

FYI I'm asking this here because the contact form to email Sky is for specific questions, none of which pertain to my problem and I really don't want to have to mess about phoning them if I can avoid it.

I have since secured the account so they can't get back in again.

Many thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Will Sky do anything to help?

Jo79
      Hi have a look at http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/broadband/ Don't use Sky Broadband illegally! near the bottom of the page Do not violate anyone's systems or network security This sound like what you could use talking to Sky.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Will Sky do anything to help?

If you make a formal complaint then Sky must investigate further. All ISPs have an obligation to protect their networks against mis-use and abuse.