Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sky Email

This is a discussion on Sky Email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Me too. Just sent Sky a question, will post the reply....

stemll is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stony Stratford (SMSSF)
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Me too.

Just sent Sky a question, will post the reply.

2. Advertisement
      SuZy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi there

This might suggest why you are having problems.
      <P>
      The master screen name (the account holder generated email address) generated when my order was taken for the service, is the only one that works. I created two other username/passwords under this account in AUGUST, and to this day they don't work. I can login on one of them through the skyBB homepage but the email box is non-existant in the window (even though in profile this username clearly has broadband and email service ticked). Whilst when I created the 3rd username, and had the same alert message as you mention above - an error within trying to create it. And it wouldn't let me.
      <P>
      <P>In conclusion, I wouldn't even bother trying to create seperate accounts for other household members for the time-being, the error message you are getting is most probably, nothing that you are doing wrong, but a fault of Sky's email service once again- you never know, they might be restricting the facility, since they haven't had a working email service since August - let alone more poeple adding more email accounts!. Plus even if you spend the hours, to eventually manage to create the accounts, you maybe able to login on them, but I bet on you not being able to access emails incomings, or sent even if you use a third party application to access them!
      <P>

AXMATT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kirkcaldy
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email

well i can't login th get my e-mail as it's so dam slow im sick of waiting after 20 mins

johsou is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
      I've been googling but i cant see how to add extra email addresses except by making a phone call to sky, i hoped there would be some web based administration

- Matthew
      got to myprofile page

AXMATT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kirkcaldy
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Email problems with IE 7.0 have been reported and are getting fixed. Advise secondry accounts set up incase your email at sky do go down.

Sign In
      Yahoo! UK & Ireland

are what sky have been advised to tell customers.
      google will be in soon running the email servers etc so all problems will be fixed and you will get the best free email service in the UK.

Thanks,

AXMatt

stevec59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Signed up with Sky this morning, they gave me my e-mail address, but where do I log into Sky e-mail?
      Should it be set up immediately, or might it take some time, only signed up couple of hours a go, not being installed for a while..

Steve

stevec59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Spoke to customer services who told me that i won't be able to access my e-mail until the dish is installed as I won't get billed until then, I also asked them about the MAC code, as I haven't given them the MAC code as yet as I wasn't sure when they would need it, I need to give Orange 1 month notice, my dish is being installed 14th July, so I guess I should get my MAC Code form Orange now, although I did ask Sky whilst talking to them and they said to give them MAC Code about 1 week before inatllation..Any advise on this, I really don't want to be without the web..

Steve

dave richardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Thank you

For the past week I have been trying to get my sky e mail working on Vista's Windows mail & wishing that I'd stayed with BT. Now after using info found on this site I'm happy.

I had to enter my username in LOWER CASE password is case sensitive then in the both the pop & smtp boxes entered mail.sky.com

Thank you so much.

(Now to try loggin in via the Sky Portal

dave

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It does take some working out, doesn't it.

I had the same problem with a secondary email addy so rang them up-the guy said it should be working but knew it wasn't so said he'd notify Ireland-this must be their HQ? and told me it would take up to 5 days to put right! 5 days!??? I told him to get it working asap, logged off, rebooted, logged back on again and lo-its all working! don't exactly know why or how but it is.
      I'm working between OE & web based. I find the web based is weird, but that could well be use. The techy told me they can help with the web based bit, but not OE.

I dying to change my own P/W's (got 2 accounts) but after all the non working bits I'm nervous too in case it all goes **** up again.

i've emailed them today asking how to keep the incoming emails as HTML as you've to click the HTML button every time if you want to read them that way-it makea a heck of a difference to emails

anyone with any ideas on that one please??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast