Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem with sky smtp server

This is a discussion on Problem with sky smtp server within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi - I was just wondering if anyone could help me please. I use some software called TDA for designing ...

chelt99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01793
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problem with sky smtp server

Hi - I was just wondering if anyone could help me please.

I use some software called TDA for designing and ordering Wedding Albums - when I go to order the album the software uploads the details to the album manufacturer using my outgoing mail server. I've ordered albums in the past with my Sky Broadband and just recently needed to order a new album but I can't get it to work. The problem seems to be occuring since the smtp.sky.com servers were switched off - the smtp.tools.sky.com servers won't allow the upload to work. I get an error message saying "Email error 9108 Mail server is not responding". so I think the server is blocking the upload.

I know my settings are all OK - I've also got a Sky User SMPT account as I thought that may work and have tried using those settings but still no luck.

I'm literally tearing my hair out over the problem so any help would be very gratefully received!!

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Problem with sky smtp server

If the skyuser SMTP didn't work either then the odds are the problem is the mail server at the other end not working and it's not your end unless you made the same error setting up both accounts on the PC.