Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky webmail and iphone login problem

This is a discussion on Sky webmail and iphone login problem within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Both my wife and I were using Webmail on my iPhone for occasional access to our respective Sky email accounts. ...

jpnjpn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208647
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky webmail and iphone login problem

Both my wife and I were using Webmail on my iPhone for occasional access to our respective Sky email accounts. Now, after successfully logging in to mysky, when we select 'email', instead of displaying the Inbox, the iphone displays a Goooglemail signin screen and we can't get past that. I did temporarily use a completely separate googlemail account on the iphone, and though I have now deleted that on the iphone did wonder if it might have caused the problem. (We don't want a full email connection as we don't want all mail to go to the phone). Can anyone help please?

2. Advertisement
      Simon_Dugdale is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01628
      Broadband ISP: f2S
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky webmail and iphone login problem

Can't help, but I have exactly the same problem on my Ipod touch.
      Accessing webmail used to work perfectly, but now, having signed in and gone to Email and Tools, I can see how many unread emails I have (number in pink circle in the Email envelope graphic) but when I click through I get a "sign into Google Mail with your email account" logon screen!

Doing the same steps on my PC browser works perfectly so I'm wondering if it's something that has changed with Safari recently. I've tried restoring the ipod, deleting cookies etc but made no difference.

Will post back if I find a solution or more info

Cheers,
      Simon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Dugdale View Post
      Can't help, but I have exactly the same problem on my Ipod touch.
      Accessing webmail used to work perfectly, but now, having signed in and gone to Email and Tools, I can see how many unread emails I have (number in pink circle in the Email envelope graphic) but when I click through I get a "sign into Google Mail with your email account" logon screen!

Doing the same steps on my PC browser works perfectly so I'm wondering if it's something that has changed with Safari recently. I've tried restoring the ipod, deleting cookies etc but made no difference.

Will post back if I find a solution or more info

Cheers,
      Simon.

Hi Simon - thanks for the mail. I'd also sent a mail to Sky Help, who confirmed that there is an iphone Safari problem - see mail below. If I hear that it's fixed I'll mail you. - Jon
      --------------------------------------
      The mail mail read:-

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

My investigations have shown that an issue is currently ongoing with customers unable to log in to Sky emails when using iphone safari browser to access mails. However you will be able to access your emails via the mail option. If you follow these instructions ensuring imap is activated, this will resolve the issue

If you are trying to configure your Sky.com email account on your iPhone then please use the link below for a detailed step by step guide on how to do this.

Sky.com - Sky Help Centre>Sky Online

For any other help & information regarding Sky email, please use the below link.

Sky.com - Sky Help Centre>Sky Online

By using imap you will still have access to your emails on sky.com as they will be stored at sky.com as well
      -------------------------------

Simon_Dugdale is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01628
      Broadband ISP: f2S
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Found this, which works for me !!

Sky webmail for iPhone and iPod Touch devices

We are aware that iPhone and iPod Touch users are unable to access Sky webmail. While the problem is being fixed, there is a temporary method available by visiting mail.google.com/a/sky.com

With some iPhone versions, "Accept Website Certificate messages appear simply accept these. This temporary method has been tested on iPhone 3.0 build successfully (the current iPhone build is 3.1.3 at time of writing). We have reports that some older versions of iPhone may require updating in order to get into Sky webmail.

cheers,
      Simon.

Thanks

Thanks Simon - just tried going into sky webmail by going to mail.google.com/a/sky.com from my iphone, as you suggested - works perfectly as far as I can see - very helpful thanks