Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Mail setup on iPod

This is a discussion on Mail setup on iPod within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have an iPod Touch and am trying to set up the email function so I can collect mail from ...

Mel2607 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01652
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Mail setup on iPod

I have an iPod Touch and am trying to set up the email function so I can collect mail from my own domain account. I have successfully managed to get it to receive the mail but I cannot get it to send.
      I have put smtp.tools.sky.com as my outgoing server but it says it can't send mail as the outgoing address is invalid.
      I don't have a Sky email address, I have a Google email account but I am trying to send and receive from my own domain's webmail account. We have Sky BB at home.
      What am I doing wrong?? Please help! I need to be able to reply to emails from my iPod for my business and this is really frustrating that I can receive them no problem but can't send

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Mail setup on iPod

If you have a google account then use the google smtp and make sure you have told it to log in with the account name and password to send. Also you have to use ssl so you need to set up the ports correctly.
      If you are on Sky you have a sky account and should be using the SMTP server for sky with the account log in name and password. Either that or ask the team for a skyuser email account to use their smtp server.