Push email (or workaround?)
This is a discussion on Push email (or workaround?) within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I use my .sky.com email address for everything and have recently discovered push for my iphone (twitter, ebay etc) and ...
- 11-01-10, 08:49 PM #1
Push email (or workaround?)
I use my .sky.com email address for everything and have recently discovered push for my iphone (twitter, ebay etc) and have decided I really want it for mail!
I have done a search, but come up with nothing that i can get my head around.
Is it possible to have push support for sky email? I gather googlemail who sky's email actually is, do it?
Failing that, is there a (free) way of getting it working, but also have the ability to reply from my sky mail address and keeping the messages so i can download them on the desktop and laptop?
I hope so! (even if i can't reply from the sky email address!)
- 13-01-10, 10:28 PM #2
- 23-04-11, 08:19 AM #3
Re: Push email (or workaround?)
Follow my instructions and you will be able to have Sky email push.
I have it on my iPhone and it works fine.
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter your full Sky email address.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Sky email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Sky password as the Password. This is the password you used when you first created your Sky account (My Sky/Skyid etc).
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
You can use the same setup to add a google mail email account has a Microsoft Exchange account.
I can confirm that PUSH works on the iPhone with the above instructions. I have sent an email to my google email address and also my Sky email address and both are pushed through IMMEDIATELY.
I just thought I would provide some instructions, has I have read a few people are wanting to know if its possible to have Sky email PUSH/PUSHED through, well it is if you follow the above instructions.
Or yeah..... Don't forget to enable PUSH in Settings/mail, contacts, calenders section on the iPhone. Click on FETCH NEW DATA and switch PUSH on.