Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky E-mail on a Mobile Phone

This is a discussion on Sky E-mail on a Mobile Phone within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I'm trying to set up access to sky e-mail on my mobile - a Nokia 6300. I think it's ...

ntbond is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky E-mail on a Mobile Phone

Hi,
      I'm trying to set up access to sky e-mail on my mobile - a Nokia 6300. I think it's all set up OK but when I go to check mail I get an "Authentification Failure" and it says that my username and/or password are incorrect. I've also got a Google Mail account and I can access that OK from my mobile.

The same thing happened when I tried to import my Sky mail into Google mail. I had to type my Sky username and password into Google mail, but it said the two weren't matching, even though they were correct. Anybody have any ideas what the error could be?

Thanks,
      Nigel

2. Advertisement
      ntbond is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky E-mail on a Mobile Phone

OK, I've solved this now - sort of! Looking at one of the other threads, I saw the link to www.sky.com/unlock. I don't really know what that is, but I thought, what the hell, let's try it. Anyway, I typed in my username and password on this site and it again says "username and password do not match". So I tried typing in my old password, which I was using up till about 3 weeks ago. Strangely, this worked.
      So I changed the password settings on my phone to use my old Sky password and, hey presto, I can now get Sky e-mail on my phone.

But that begs the question, how come I can only get access to Sky on the net using my new password, whereas my mobile phone (and www.sky.com/unlock) still thinks I'm using my old password? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
      Nigel