Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can I set up additional email addresses or not?

This is a discussion on Can I set up additional email addresses or not? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've tried time and again to set up a couple of new email addresses. I've gone through all the Manage ...

JaXanim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: A Galaxy near you
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can I set up additional email addresses or not?

I've tried time and again to set up a couple of new email addresses. I've gone through all the Manage Additional Users malarky, buy I still can't get the thing to work. I've tried to verify the POP account and followed whatever advice I can find to no avail. Has Sky stopped accepting new email addresses or what?

Sorry if I missed something, but I'm not a frequent visitor.

Thanks, JaX

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Can I set up additional email addresses or not?

Hello steve16751,
      Thanks for responding.
      Yes I've gone through the tutorial and I can get my Additional Users set up fine. However, when I set up Thunderbird with the additional accounts, with the relevant details matching my primary account, I can't get the email to work. I keep getting asked for the password for the new account and it doesn't accept it, the mail fails to work. I've used my Sky user password as set down in the Additional User setup on the Sky website.

I'm still going round in circles.

EDIT: I just found that I can send mail from my new accounts to my existing ones, but the new accounts won't receive mail due to a password complication I think. No matter which password I use (I seem to have two associated with SKY (??) ) they won't receive email.

JaX
      Last edited by JaXanim; 13-08-09 at 01:55 PM.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Before you try the following, make sure your e-mail client is closed completely.

www.sky.com/unlock

Follow the self-explanatory steps and unlock the captcha. Open the e-mail client again and check if that's sorted it. If not, it can sometimes take up to 72 hours I believe.

Also, make sure you've enabled pop access via your webmail on sky.com for the e-mail account by going into the 'mail settings' section then into the 'forwarding and pop/imap' tab.

Failing this, ring sky and ask the agent whether you have a SAM assocation for the specified additional user. It may need escalated to webmail, the e-mail escalations team.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello User05,
      Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the unlock site and it kept telling me the new usernames and password doesn't match. Which password do additional users require? I only have my Sky password, I've never had to set up another, or have I?

I will only ring Sky as a last resort.

JaX

Exchange:
      Thanks

When you first signed up, you would have been assigned a primary e-mail address. That would have been sent out, along with a password, via correspondence from sky by letter. Obviously you've logged into that primary username ok to create the additional user, so there's no problems there.

When you set up the additional user, you would have also set up the password for that username. On the unlock captcha site, you'll need to enter the additional username with the password you assigned to it upon creating the additional user and obviously also that encrypted image.

If the password is not working for the additional username and it's stating the credentials are incorrect on the unlock site, then try to login to the e-mail section on sky.com. If you still cannot login, then you'll need to go to the 'forgotten password' link beneath the login and go through the steps to reset a new password. Then try out unlocking the captcha again.

I think I should have asked this way before that essay ( :P ) but have you logged onto the additional username via sky.com successfully since creating it?

Edit: REAL IMPORTANT that you ONLY enter the username and NOT the '@sky.com' after it on that unlock captcha site. You'll need to enter the full e-mail address (example@sky.com) for both the username and e-mail fields in Thunderbird, but anything that sky asks for a username, do not use the @sky.com at the end.
      Last edited by User05; 14-08-09 at 01:00 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      When you set up the additional user, you would have also set up the password for that username.
      Ah, I used my usual Sky password for each additional user. Will that be the problem?

Ok, thanks for your advice. I'll try what you suggest, but I've been through this same routine a couple of times, including the unlock system and still not resolving.
      Maybe I'll drop the whole idea. I'll come back if I succeed, cheers.

JaX

Exchange:
      Thanks

I don't believe using the same password for each user would cause any problems at all. You could always try resetting the password and then changing the settings on thunderbird afterwards and checking whether that sorted it out.

Failing this, if you've been through all those steps then you're going to have to ring sky and ask for the issue to be raised to webmail escalations.