Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky changes my email settings

This is a discussion on sky changes my email settings within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have recently changed from bt to sky and use outlook express to access my personal emails and work emails ...

norman ross is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141639
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sky changes my email settings

I have recently changed from bt to sky and use outlook express to access my personal emails and work emails from 5/6 email addresses.

In the past I could send using the respective work/personal/charity email adres and the recipient would receive an email showing that it was from me@respective email address.

Now all email accounts are magically changed to show a reply email adress as the account holder of the broadband connection at Sky.com

Does anyone know why this is happening .. It does not happen on BT or any other server that I use.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: sky changes my email settings

It's because Sky do not allow you to use their SMTP servers for sending your own email. If you have your own works/ personal addresses you should be using the respective email servers for them and not the Sky smtp server.
      You either need to sort out proper email hosting on the different domains and use the settings for that or you may need to apply for a skyuser email account and use their servers.