Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Confused with e-mail Vista and Windows XP

This is a discussion on Confused with e-mail Vista and Windows XP within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am sitting here getting myself confused and found this forum and hope someone can help me sort out my ...

Lylee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Confused with e-mail Vista and Windows XP

I am sitting here getting myself confused and found this forum and hope someone can help me sort out my addled brain

I have my Desktop which is Windows XP which is wireless and have my sky e-mail running into my Outlook Express, no problems there, but i also have a
      new Laptop and i want to use that for other stuff and need a new sky account to be able to use Windows Mail which is on the Vista laptop so i can Pop 3 my new account into Vista Windows Mail, how do i do this?

Can i set up an additional user, if so do i do this on my Vista laptop as that is the only place i will be using it, or do i have to do it on my Desktop XP?? Or is there something else i have to do??

Sorry to be such a dumb head

Hugs Lylee

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Re: Confused with e-mail Vista and Windows XP

So on the 2nd PC you want a totally seperate email account?
      You can set up additional user accounts from any pc that accesses the internet by signing into Sky.com using the primary user name and password,
      you then go to Mysky and in there click on "manage my profile". On this page there should be a link called "manage additional users" and when you click on this link you will be taken to a page where you can add/ remove additional accounts.
      Once it is created log out of the primary account and log into sky.com using the new details, once logged in go to "Email and tools" and log into that screen using the new details too.
      Once it has been logged into you go into "Mail settings" from within the inbox area and click on "IMAP, POP and Forwarding" and enable POP for all email and click on apply.
      Once this is done you can set up Windows Mail to access the new account, it can also access the old account too if you give it the settings while you are in there.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

bare in mind pretty much no one can create new users at the moment due to a fault with the Sky website...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Apart from that obviously, having a few issues doing password resets too at the moment, hopefully it will all be sorted at some point. Getting a bit annoying now taking people through all the steps just to see it fall over at the final stage.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

it's cause the final link - the save/submit button - if a duff link...it doesn't do anything!!! I raised this 2 months ago and still nothing...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Lylee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

Thank you so much for replying............yes that's right a new sky e-mail for my laptop, thanks for explaining, i will do that just wasn't sure if i had to do it on the desktop or laptop but i see in the cold light of day that i wouldn't matter, as i said i had an slow brain last night lmao!

Looks like people have been having trouble with this (thanks for the info IAmNotTheEnemy)
      i will try later, maybe i will be the lucky one NOT!

Thanks again PaulSky:-)

Hugs Lylee